Exciting news has landed in Australia if you’re a fan of hot hatches. The facelifted Renault Clio R.S. is now available!
‘”The Renault Sport badge has a long and successful history here in Australia”, said Renault Australia’s Managing Director, Mr Justin Hocevar. “Australia consistently appears in the top five for global Renault Sport sales and we expect this to continue with this new-look model.”
The most distinct new feature is the chequered pattern lighting system first seen on the Renault Clio RS 16. Renault calls it the R.S. Vision which consists of nine LEDs each side that significantly improves night time visibility by comprising of an additional headlight, side light, fog light and cornering light. The cornering light even works on hairpins by use of a reflector.
Other new features that have been introduced in the updated Clio R.S. include front parking sensors, automatic engine stop/start, climate control, tyre pressure warning system, LED cabin lights, digital radio and the option of Android Auto (available on the Entertainment Pack).
Only two variations will be introduced by Renault Australia at this stage which are the Sport and Cup. Unfortunately the Trophy variant is excluded, but we hope to see it available at a later date.
Pricing wise, we see the Sport starts from $30,990 and the Cup from $32,490. All prices are before on-road costs.
Three option packages have also been introduced:
Black Pack – $500
- F1 inspired black blade on the front bumper
- Black boot lid and black Renault Sport badge
- Black rear diffuser
- Black trim inserts on side door protection
- Black 17″ alloy wheels (for the Sport only, Cup has black wheels already)
Leather Pack – $1,500
- Dark leather upholstery with red highlights and R.S. badge on front headrest
- Heated front seats
- Adjustable passenger seat
Entertainment Pack – $1,500
- R-LINK navigation and multimedia system with voice control
- Android Auto phone mirroring
- R.S. Monitor
- BOSE premium sound system (four speakers, two dashboard tweeters, bass box and amplifier)