Mercedes has announced in the past few months that all newly launched Mercedes models will be offered in a special trim called the “Edition 1“, which will be a limited production run during the car’s first year on the market. And, of course, the new A45 AMG unveiled few days ago is no exception.
The new Mercedes A45 AMG Edition 1 takes Stuttgart’s latest hot hatch up a notch with some aggressive styling touches, including a striking ‘Cirrus White’ paint job. The Edition 1 also gets matte gray sport stripes visible on the bonnet, roof and sides. An aerodynamic package that comes standard with the Edition 1 adds a front lip spoiler, front side canards and a rear wing. Red accent on the mirror, front grille, brake calipers and rear wing further distinguishes the Edition 1 from the standard A45 AMG.
The Edition 1 rides on black 19-inch wheels with a red centre cap wrapped in 235/35/R19 tyres all round.
Inside, AMG Performance seats in ARTICO man-made leather replace the standard items. The same material is also used for the top section of the dashboard. Other details exclusive to the Edition 1 include a new steering wheel dressed in nappa leather and Dinamica microfiber and the “Edition 1” badge on the AMG drive unit.
The Edition 1 is powered by the same hand-built 2.0-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged (twin scroll) engine found in the standard A45 AMG. It produces 265kW at 6,000rpm and 450Nm of torque between 2,250 – 5,000rpm.
Apart from the mentioned standard equipment, the Edition 1 is also fully customisable with the following options:
- AMG Aerodynamics package: AMG rear aerofoil, additional flics in front apron, larger front splitter
- AMG carbon-fibre exterior mirror housing
- AMG Exterior Carbon-Fibre package: front splitter, side sill panel inserts and trim on rear apron in genuine carbon fibre
- AMG rear aerofoil
- AMG Exclusive package
- AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels in 8 x 19 fitted with 235/35 R 19 tyres, in two variants: painted in titanium grey with high-sheen finish or in matt black with high-sheen rim flange
- AMG Night package: privacy glass, black anodised waistline trim strip, black tailpipe trims in chromed finish, radiator fins in silver chrome, high-gloss black painted finish for front splitter, exterior mirrors, side sill panel inserts and rear apron trim
- AMG Performance exhaust system incl. tailpipe trims in specific design
- AMG Performance suspension with tauter spring/damper tuning
- AMG Performance steering wheel and E-SELECT lever, electronic key with AMG emblem
- AMG Performance seats
- AMG wheel bolt covers in black with hub caps in central-locking look (for standard AMG light-alloy wheels only)
- Red painted callipers