Subaru Australia has triggered the farewell to current generation WRX STI, with a final special edition packed with extra kit.
Just 75 of the Subaru WRX STI EJ25 Final Edition models will be sold, each individually numbered. 30 will be available for sale online, with the balance through the 24-strong STI network nationally.
EJ25 refers to the code of the current 221kW/407Nm WRX STI 2.5-litre turbocharged engine – the last in line ahead of an all-new powerplant for the next generation 2022 Subaru WRX STI. The EJ25 debuted in 2005, in the Model Year 2006 WRX STI.
Priced from $62,440 before on-road costs, the WRX STI EJ25 Final Edition adds to WRX STI spec.R AWD specification:
- EJ25 Final Edition numbered internal badge
- EJ25 Final Edition rear exterior badge
- EJ25 Final Edition plate in the engine bay
- 19″ BBS forged aluminium wheels (gold)
- Silver Brembo brake calipers with STI logo
- RECARO sports bucket front seats with silver highlights
- Ultrasuede steering wheel
- Red STI push-start button
- Silver seat belts
- Silver interior stitching
- Carbon fibre look instrument panel decoration
- Front grille with pinstripe
- Black door mirror covers and shark fin antenna
- Black front fender insert with STI logo
- Black rear WRX badge
- WR Blue Pearl (50 units)
- Crystal White Pearl (15 units)
- Crystal Black Silica (10 units)
For an additional $1,000 donation to the Australian Road Safety Foundation, which is supported by Subaru Australia, online buyers will have the option of an individualised delivery experience, in which Subaru rally aces Molly Taylor, Cody Crocker, Mark Stacey or Dean Herridge can hand-over the vehicle at their home or office location. The choice of rally legend will be determined by the customer’s location, with city and state taken into consideration.