Jaguar’s all-aluminium sports car, the F-TYPE has been expanded to 12 derivatives for 2015, comprising both Coupe and Convertible models with the addition of all-wheel-drive and six-speed manual transmission options.
Priced from $119,470 excluding on-roads, the range now spans from the 250kW Coupé and Convertible with a supercharged V6 driving the rear wheels through a manual gearbox, to the 404kW F-Type R Coupé and Convertible with a supercharged V8, AWD and eight-speed Quickshift transmission.
Transmitting the V8’s 680Nm to the road though all four wheels helps the F-Type R models to accelerate from zero to 100kph in just 4.1 seconds, en route to a top speed of 300kph.
2015 Jaguar F-TYPE at a glance
- Switchable Active Sports Exhaust system is now standard equipment on all 16MY F-Type models.
- F-Type V6S & R models now include Reverse Park camera and Front Parking Aid as standard
- Torque on demand all-wheel drive (AWD) extends the F-TYPE’s performance and dynamic capability on all road surfaces and in all conditions
- In AWD form, the 404kW F-TYPE R Coupé will accelerate from 0-100kph in 4.1 seconds, with a limited top speed of 300kph
- Intelligent Driveline Dynamics (IDD) control strategy developed in-house to exploit maximum performance potential of AWD traction while retaining rear-wheel drive character
- AWD F-TYPE models gain a unique bonnet design featuring a deeper ‘power bulge’ and distinctive new vents
- Six-speed manual transmission option for rear-wheel drive supercharged V6 Coupe& Convertible and V6S Coupe models delivers the purest sports car driving experience
- Jaguar’s 404kW supercharged V8 comes to the F-TYPE R Convertible – available in both rear- and all-wheel drive configurations
- Electric Power Assisted Steering enables even greater precision and feel and reduces CO2 emissions by up to 4g/km on the EU combined cycle
- Torque Vectoring by Braking improves agility and – standard on R derivatives – is now available on V6 models
- Sport Design Packs for Coupé and Convertible models enhance exterior styling and enable greater personalisation
- The new 2016 model year F-TYPE range goes on sale from April 2015 (Manual versions from July 2015)
The F-TYPE’s six-speed manual transmission has been designed to give enthusiasts the most rewarding driving experience possible, according to the luxury British marque. The combination of the free-revving supercharged V6, semi-dry sump gearbox and precise, perfectly weighted shifts deliver enjoyment on a completely new level.
“A manual transmission in a sports car is always the purist driver’s choice – and to meet their expectations the manual F-TYPE had to offer a completely engaging driving experience,” said Mike Cross, Chief Engineer, Vehicle Integrity at Jaguar.
“The short throw of the gear lever, the mechanical quality of the shift, pedal spacing ideally suited to heel-and-toe changes, the tune of the V6 supercharged engine itself – all have been subject to detailed scrutiny to ensure driving a manual F-TYPE is as fun as it is fast.”
Applying Jaguar Land Rover’s expertise in all-wheel drive technology to the F-TYPE, the AWD system is offered in the 280kW V6 F-TYPE S Coupé and 404kW V8 R Coupé and Convertible, all equipped with the eight-speed Quickshift transmission.
Under normal sub-limit driving conditions, 100 per cent of engine torque is sent to the rear axle. When required, the electromechanically-actuated coupling in the transfer case enables smooth transfer of torque to the front axle – the process is virtually transparent to the driver.
2015 Jaguar F-TYPE Australian Pricing (excluding on-roads)
F-TYPE Manual Coupe -$119 470
F-TYPE Manual Convertible – $138 170
F-TYPE Automatic Coupe – $124 470
F-TYPE Automatic Convertible – $143 170
F-TYPE S Manual Coupe – $151 770
F-TYPE S Automatic Coupe-$156 770
F-TYPE S Automatic Convertible – $175 470
F-TYPE S AWD Automatic Coupe – $172 470
F-TYPE R Automatic Coupe – $226 970
F-TYPE R Automatic Convertible – $245 670
F-TYPE R AWD Automatic Coupe – $242 670
F-TYPE R AWD Automatic Convertible – $261 370