Some 10 years after Greg Murphy’s Bathurst “Lap of the Gods” and the release of the 297kW HSV VZ ClubSport, Walkinshaw Performance has today announced the first of their W Series Supercharged vehicles.
Two force fed packages are offered: the W457 package for 6.0-litre VF Commodore V8s which raises power output to 457kW @ 5600 rpm and 780Nm @ 3700 rpm, and the W497 package for LS3 6.2-litre Gen-F HSVs which lifts the figures up to a fire-breathing 497kW @ 5560 rpm and 955Nm @ 3690 rpm.
WP General Manager Tony Harris: “The W Series has already seen the naturally aspirated W310 and W375 packages which offer terrific performance and value for money that we have developed thanks to the outstanding base vehicles- the VF SS Commodore and the Gen-F HSV. Today we take another step with the W457 and W497 packages. These packages represent the pinnacle of Australian automotive design and engineering capabilities. On power figures alone it’s impressive, but as we always say; drivability is the number one goal and we believe that these W Series twins are exceedingly well mannered in this key area. That said, it’s hard to hide the performance results and these cars are guaranteed to bring a smile to the face of every motoring enthusiast.”
“Back in 2004, the 297kW VZ ClubSport was rightly heralded as a significant development for HSV. At the time a journalist said it was “ferocious off the line” and that it brought “high-end performance within easier reach of more people”. We see these packages offering similar- and yet so much more!”
Walkinshaw Performance W457 and W497 packages include:
• WP230 Supercharger Package
• Large high flow injectors
• Eaton Twin Vortices 2300 Series (TVS) Gen VI rotors
• Water to air intercooler package
• Custom moulded heater hoses
• Cast aluminium coil covers
• Unique Walkinshaw Performance injection moulded cold air intake package
• Heavy duty serpentine belt drive system
• 12” long intake runners
• Custom moulded intercooler hoses
• Self-contained oil system
• Full stainless steel exhaust system including, ceramic coated headers and high flow catalytic converters.
• Full dyno tune from an authorised Walkinshaw Performance Centre
• W Series Certificate of Authenticity and Vehicle Identification
• Full drive line warranty for the balance of the manufacturer’s new vehicle warranty for eligible vehicles.
The final figures for the packages are:
W497 497kW @5560 RPM and 955Nm @3690
W457 457kW@5600 RPM and 780Nm @3700
The Supercharged W457 and W497 packages are available now priced at $18,990 (fitted) and are applicable to any VF 6.0-litre V8 Commodore or LS3 engined Gen-F HSV sedan, wagon or ute.