Weekday hatchback converts into a compact camper fold-out bed, 2.3m x 2.0m tent, table and ample storage.
The Caddy Beach is the “most affordable and the cleverest recreational vehicle on sale today”, claims Volkswagen.
Building on the long-wheel-based Caddy Maxi Trendline, the Caddy Beach is designed to pack as much lifestyle as possible into relatively compact dimensions (4.87m long, 1.8m high and wide).
Standard equipment includes a fold-out bed, walk-through tent at the tailgate, two folding camp chairs and table, tray tables for rear seat passengers, block-out window curtains, a rechargeable torch and four storage bags for the rear side windows.
Power comes from a 1.4-litre turbo petrol engine with start-stop producing 92kW/220Nm via 7-speed DSG capable of achieving 6L/100km.
The Caddy Beach is equipped with advanced safety technology such as autonomous braking (Front Assist and City Emergency Brake), Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist and fog lights with cornering functionality.
From the outside, the Caddy Beach is recognisable by its bi-xenon headlamps, 17″ Canyon alloys and a Beach decal. Darker elements like black roof rails, tinted rear tail-lamps and tinted passenger windows create a stylish contrast with the paint finish, which is available in seven colours including a vibrant Sandstorm Yellow or Viper Green.
Inside a colour multifunction display adds a premium look to the dash. Six speakers are placed around the cabin linked to a Composition Media infotainment system with App-Connect.
Standard kit includes:
- Five (5) seats
- 3-seater bench in 2nd row of seats (folding, folding/tipping, removable)
- 3 x 2nd row child seat anchor points
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-Pressure Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist, Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP) and Traction Control (TSC)
- Driver and front passenger front and side/head airbags and rear curtain airbags
- Rear parking sensors and Rear View Camera
- Driver Fatigue Detection
- Multi-Collision Brake (MCB)
- Forward Collision Warning “Front Assist” with City Emergency Braking (City EB)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Assist
- Hill Hold Control
- Bi-Xenon headlamps with LED DRLs and dark-tinted rear tail lamps
- Fog lights with cornering function
- Black roof rails
- Light & Sight package (rain-sensing wipers, dusk-sensing headlights and auto dimming mirror)
- Height adjustment and lumbar support for front seats with backrest release
- Leather-wrapped multi-function steering wheel with height and reach adjustment
- “Composition Media” radio (colour touch screen, AUX/USB/SD input, CD player, 6 speakers)
- App-Connect system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink compatibility
- Premium colour multi-function display with digital speedometer and driving information
- LED lights in cabin
- Folding tray tables on back of both front seats
- Tailgate tent with walkthrough feature and window
- Wide fold-up bed (removable)
- Opaque block out curtains for windscreen front and sliding door windows and tailgate window
- Storage bags for rear windows (2 per window) (removable)
- Mini rechargeable torch
- Compact folding camp chairs (2) and folding camp table (1)
- Ventilation grill for right sliding door window (2.3m x 2.0m)
- Exterior ‘Beach’ decal
- 17″ ‘Canyon’ alloy wheels with alloy spare
- Exterior Beach decal
- Titanium Black cloth seat upholstery “Pilion”
The Caddy Beach can be further bespoke with this choice of accessories:
- Roof rails
- Bicycle carrier
- Roof box
- Surfboard carrier
- Tow bar
- Weather shields for the front windows
- Rubber floor mats