Luxury new comer, Infiniti, has announced the pricing and specifications of their latest models in Australia, the Infiniti G37 Coupé and G37 Convertible.
Priced from A$75,900 excluding on-roads, the two-door sports car will join the company’s FX SUV and M sports sedan in the showroom. Both coupé and convertible come in two model grades: GT Premium and S Premium for the G37 Coupé; S Premium and S Premium Monaco Red.
They are all powered by a 3.7-litre petrol V6 engine featuring VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift) that produces a maximum power output of 235kW and a peak torque of 360Nm. If these figures sound familiar, it’s because the same engine can also be found under sister brand, Nissan’s 370Z.
The engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission equipped with Adaptive Shift Control and Downshift Rev Matching. The G37 Coupé also features a Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD).
The Infiniti G sits on the company’s Front Mid-Ship rear-wheel drive platform, with the engine mounted further back in the chassis to optimise weight distribution. Handling is further aided by a combination of double-wishbone front suspension, and a multi-link rear set up. A 4-Wheel Active-Steer System (4WAS) is also available on the G37 Coupé.
Standard equipment for all grades is extensive and includes are variety of styling, technology and comfort-related features. Examples include:
- 18-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels (G37 Coupé only)
- Glass sunroof with sliding shade
- Bi-Xenon headlights with Active Front-lighting System (AFS) and auto-levelling
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- 10-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support
- 8-way power front passenger seat
- Heating for front seats
- 7-inch high-resolution colour touch screen display
- 30GB HDD Navigation System
- 10GB Music Box
- An 11-speaker Infiniti “Studio on Wheels”™ Bose® sound system (G37 Coupé only)
- A 13-speaker Infiniti Bose® Open Air Sound system with AudioPilot® 2.0 technology (for the G37 Convertible; this system automatically optimises EQ settings for open/closed roof positions)
- Infiniti Controller
- Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and audio streaming with iPod®/USB connection
- Infiniti Intelligent Key (I-Key)
- Remote Keyless Entry system
The S Premium (G37 Coupé) and S Premium Monaco Red (G37 Convertible) grades deliver additional driver-oriented equipment on top of the generous collection of standard features. These items are:
- Sports-tuned suspension (G37 Coupé only)
- 4-Wheel Active Steering (4WAS) (G37 Coupé only)
- Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD) (G37 Coupé only)
- Opposed-piston sports brakes
- 19-inch 5-triple-spoke alloy wheels
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- 14-way power driver’s seat including lumbar support (G37 Coupé only)
- Front sports seats with thigh extensions (G37 Coupé only)
- Rear spoiler (G37 Coupé only)
- Red “S” badge (G37 Coupé only)
As the name suggests, the Infiniti G37 Convertible S Premium Monaco Red is upholstered in Monaco Red leather that is matched with red-stained Maple wood trim.
Safety equipment includes:
- Driver and front passenger airbags
- Front seat-mounted side impact supplemental air bags
- Roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags for front and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection (G37 Coupé only)
- Door-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags (G37 Convertible only)
- Dual Pop-up Roll Bars (G37 Convertible only)
- Front seat belt adjustable upper anchors with pretensioners and load limiters
- Front seat Active Head Restraints
- Vehicle Security System (VSS)
- Infiniti Vehicle Immobiliser System
- Zone Body construction with energy-dispersing side structure
The Infiniti G37 will arrive in showrooms in early December with the following pricing:
Infiniti G37 Coupe
Infiniti G37 Convertible
|S Premium Monaco Red||$89,900|