The quirky Nissan Juke is back with an all-new second-generation and ready to launch in Australia next month.
Looking decidedly grown up but retaining the funky design that sets the model apart from its peers, the 2020 Nissan Juke is now roomier courtesy of the all-new CMF-B platform it shares with the Renault Clio and Captur.
It’s now longer, wider and taller than its predecessor, but despite the growth spurt, the new Juke is 23kg lighter compared to the previous-generation model.
But while the Nissan Juke may have grown, and grown up, it still maintains its iconic fun-factor, courtesy of its broad shoulder lines, raked windscreen and large wheel arches. The eye-catching sculpted flanks and tapered glasshouse worthy of a sports coupe complete its dynamic image.
Equipped with full front and rear LED lighting as standard, the latest Nissan Juke also retains its iconic circular headlamps, but with a new Y-shaped signature, which complements Nissan’s V-Motion grille.
Stylish 17-inch or optional 19-inch alloy wheels are available, along with a range of eight body colours including an exclusive hue called Fuji Sunset.
Inside, the interior is much roomier than before, with rear-seat knee room increased by 58mm and rear headroom by 11mm, while the boot has grown by 20 percent to 422 litres.
The highlight though is the fresh new interior design with a stylish dashboard complete with a tablet style infotainment screen and circular airvents. The 8-inch touch screen features Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Google Assistant, while music can be pumped through an optional eight-speaker Bose Personal Plus sound system.
New soft-touch materials can be found on the dashboard, door trim and foot wells for a more up market feel. The new Juke also comes with sports front seats with optional Alcantara and leather upholstery and better driving position. Interior customisation options include multiple combinations of upholstery colour to match the body and roof colours.
Powering the new Juke is a turbocharged 1.0-litre, three-cylinder engine, delivering 84kW of power and 180Nm of torque, paired with a seven-speed, dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
The engine has received Nissan’s patented Mirror Bore Spray Coating (BSC) Liner technology, a process borrowed from the famous GT-R supercar, within its three cylinders to reduce piston friction and improve fuel economy.
The result is a combined cycle fuel economy figure of just 5.8L/100km, making the Nissan Juke among the most fuel-efficient SUVs in the segment.
Nissan says the new Juke’s platform is more rigid than before thanks to extensive use of high-strength steel and this translates to better stability, performance and cornering capabilities.
The carmakers also claims the Juke is the most connected Nissan ever featuring the Nissan Intelligent Mobility technology that encompasses Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian and Cyclist Recognition, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Lane Intervention, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Blind Spot Intervention.
2021 Nissan Juke price and specification
• 1.0-litre 84kW/180Nm turbocharged petrol engine with seven-speed dual-clutch transmission
• Idle stop/start
• Paddle shifters
• 8.0-inch touchscreen
• Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto~
• Voice recognition
• Advanced Drive Assist™ Display (4.2” TFT)
• Rearview camera and rear parking sensors
• Emergency Stop Signal
• Forward Collision Warning
• Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
• Intelligent Emergency Braking (pedestrian & cyclist)
• Lane Departure Warning and Intelligent Lane Intervention
• Intelligent Driver Alert
• Blind Spot Warning
• Traffic Sign Recognition
• Active Speed Limiter
• Rear spoiler
• Daytime running lights
• 17-inch alloy wheels
• Power-folding and heated door mirrors
• Auto LED headlights with High Beam Assist
• Hill Start Assist
• Intelligent Trace Control
• Intelligent Ride Control
• Monoform cloth seats
• Six-way manual-adjustment driver’s seat, four-way manual-adjustment front passenger’s seat
ST+ (adds to or replaces ST specification)
• LED Fog lights
• Satellite Navigation
• Heated front seats
• Front parking sensors
ST-L (adds to or replaces ST+ specification)
• 19-inch alloy wheels
• Door and centre ambient lighting
• Moving Object Detection
• Intelligent Cruise Control
• Intelligent Around-View® Monitor
• 7.0-inch TFT/Advanced Drive Assist™ Display (ADAD), driver’s binnacle
• Rear USB port for charging
• Six speakers
• Drive modes (Eco/Standard/Sport)
• Electric park brake with auto-hold
• Leather accented* steering wheel & shift knob
• Part cloth/leather seat trim
Ti (adds to or replaces ST-L specification)
• Follow-me-home headlights
• Quilted accented* leather with Alcantara® seat trim
• Alcantara® dashboard, knee pad & door panels
• Shark-fin antenna
• Illuminated ‘JUKE’ entry kick plates
• 19-inch Akari alloy wheels
• Eight-speaker Bose® Personal® Plus audio
• Tyre-pressure-monitoring system
All-new 2021 Nissan JUKE pricing
|Trim||Price (excluding on-roads)|