BMW has announced pricing and specification details for the all new BMW 320i, 330e and M340i xDrive variants that will be joining the current BMW 3 series offering in Australia from September, 2019.
Joining the BMW 320d and 330i launched earlier this year, the new variants expand the local 3 Series line-up to five models.
BMW 3 Series range pricing (excluding on-roads)
BMW 320d – $67,900
BMW 330i – $70,900
BMW 320i – $64,900
BMW 330e – $75,900
BMW M340i xDrive – $99,900
New entry point for the 3 Series range
The all-new BMW 320i is the new entry-point into the 3 Series range. Featuring a 2.0-litre four cylinder turbo petrol engine that produces 135 kW of power and 300 Nm of torque, power is delivered to the rear wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission. It completes the standard sprint to 100km/h in 7.2 seconds – 0.1 seconds faster than its predecessor.
In line with the 320d specification, BMW 320i offers the following standard equipment highlights:
- M Sport Package including:
- M leather steering wheel
- Sports Seats with electric adjustment
- Alcantara/Sensatec upholstery
- BMW Individual headliner in Anthracite
- M Sport Suspension
- 18-inch M Light alloy double spoke wheels, style 790 M bi-colour
- Driving assistant including:
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Warning and front collision warning with brake intervention
- Cross traffic warning at the rear
- Rear collision prevention
- Speed Limit Information
- Parking assistant including
- Reversing Assistant
- Lateral Parking Aid
- Rear View Camera
- Live Cockpit Professional including a 12.3-inch instrument cluster, 10.25-inch BMW Operating system 7.0 display and Intelligent Personal Assistant
- HiFi loudspeaker system
- Connected Package Professional including 12 month Apple CarPlay subscription
- Wireless Smart Phone Charging
- Adaptive LED headlights with High beam Assistant and LED foglights
BMW 3 Series hybrid
The latest BMW hybrid technology promises a more exciting drive to the BMW 330e plug-in electric vehicle.
Delivering 185kW of power and 420 Nm of torque, the BMW 330e accelerates from 0- 100km/h in only 5.9 seconds.
For the first time, ‘XtraBoost’ functionality is employed and can be activated via Sport mode by requesting full throttle. This temporarily provides an extra 30 kW (peaking at 215kW) and comes complete with a sporty sound through the latest-generation Active Sound Design system.
Furthermore, thanks to XtraBoost, the 330e is able to cover a distance of up to 60 kilometres of emissions free electric driving.
Sharing the standard specification with the BMW 330i, the 330e’s equipment highlights in addition to the 320d and 320i include:
- M Sport Brakes
- Adaptive M Suspension
- 19-inch M Light Alloy Wheels
- Comfort Access
- Leather ‘Vernasca’ upholstery
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Parking Assistant Professional including surround view with top and side view
- Reversing Assistant Lateral Parking Aid Rear View Camera
BMW M340i xDrive
A newly-designed powertrain package ensures the first ever M340i xDrive epitomises the BMW sports sedan concept.
At the heart of the driveline is the latest-generation turbocharged 3.0-litre straight six- cylinder petrol engine, that produces 285 kW of power and 500 Nm of torque – a 45 kW and 50 Nm increase over the previous 340i.
Driving through an eight-speed sports automatic transmission which features shorter lower gear ratios for improved acceleration, the M340i xDrive can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 4.4 seconds.
Tuned for high performance, the BMW M340i xDrive features M-specific suspension technology such as Adaptive M suspension, M Sport differential and M Sport brake system to match its sporting dynamic abilities.
Featuring a fully variable power distribution between front and rear axles, BMW’s intelligent xDrive four-wheel drive technology enhances vehicle stability and assures maximum traction in all conditions.
To evoke a sportier experience typical of the ultimate driving machine, more actively rear- biased power distribution is activated through the SPORT and SPORT+ modes of the Drive Experience Control.
The unique design of the M340i xDrive is the amalgamation of pure aesthetics and efficacious aerodynamics.
A BMW kidney grille in mesh design, tailpipe trims and model lettering in Cerium Grey metallic finish adorn the exterior. Design elements such as the front apron and side sills assist vehicle cooling while the rear end, including model-specific rear spoiler, aids aerodynamics.
The vehicle’s interior boasts a premium atmosphere, featuring M-specific upholstery in leather ‘Vernasca’ trim, BMW Individual Anthracite roof liner, M leather steering wheel, interior trim strips in Aluminium Tetragon and exclusive ‘M340i’ lettering throughout the cabin.
Standard equipment highlights include:
- xDrive all-wheel drive system
- M Sport Differential
- Automatic Tailgate
- Instrument panel in Sensatec • Ambient light
- Lumbar support
- Seat heating, front
- Laser headlights
- Harman/kardon Surround Sound System with 16 speakers
- 19-inch M light alloy wheels
BMW 3 Series: Performance and Efficiency
Power / Torque
2.0-litre turbo four cylinder petrol
2.0-litre turbo four- cylinder diesel
140kW / 400Nm
4.5L/100km 119g/km C02
2.0-litre turbo four- cylinder petrol
190kW / 400Nm
2.0-litre turbo four cylinder petrol High-voltage battery, 10.3kWh
3.0-litre turbo six cylinder petrol