Pricing and specification for the refreshed 2017 BMW 1 Series range has been confirmed and the headline news is a surprise price cut for the flagship M140i.
This second Life Cycle Improvement (LCI) for the 1 Series follows the release of an updated and more efficient engine range in 2016. The latest update brings a range of improvements including the roll out of iDrive 6 infotainment system across the line-up as standard, along with new exterior paintwork, redesigned wheels range and upgraded interior.
“The BMW 1 Series remains a unique proposition in its segment, with rear-wheel drive dynamics in the best BMW tradition,” said BMW Group Australia CEO, Marc Werner.
“From the acclaimed BMW M140i to the engaging 118i, all new 1 Series come with key technology updates and a refreshed look, both inside and outside the vehicle.
“BMW Australia is especially proud of the sharpened price point for the turbocharged six-cylinder M140i, bringing its superb performance and dynamics under $60,000 for the first time,” he said.
A wide range of new, higher grade interior fittings further lifts the interior ambience of the updated BMW 1 Series range, whether opting for the Sport Line, Urban Line or ever-popular M Sport package.
An upgraded black-panel instrument cluster accompanies the adoption of iDrive 6, which brings live-content, customisable, app-style interface as standard across the 1 Series range. Opt for BMW’s Navigation Professional system (standard on 125i and M140i), and the large 8.8-inch screen features touch capability.
Other interior refinements include a smooth high-gloss black centre stack, cleaner design elements with smoother joins, new upholstery stitching and distinctive chrome elements for the power window controls.
In addition customers can choose a wider array of trim finishers, including a premium Pearl Chrome option, while Dakota leather upholstery can now be ordered in a fine Cognac finish.
A subtly updated exterior look further refines the rear-wheel drive hatch. LED Headlights are now standard across the range, with Adaptive LEDs standard on M140i.
New design 17-inch light-alloy wheel is standard on 120i Urban Line models, while M Sport-equipped vehicles have two additional 18-inch light-alloy wheel options.
Sunset Orange metallic is introduced as a premium new colour and is available range-wide, while the new Seaside Blue metallic adds further appeal to non M Sport-equipped variants. In all a total of 12 exterior paint finishes (two standard, 10 metallic) are now available.
2017 BMW 1 Series LCI Australian pricing:
By model: Performance and efficiency
|Model||Engine||Power / Torque||0-100km/h||Fuel Use||CO2|
|BMW 118i||1.5-litre 3-cyl turbo petrol||100kW / 220Nm||8.7sec||4.8L/100km||112g/km|
|BMW 118d||2.0-litre 4-cyl turbo diesel||110kW / 320Nm||8.1sec||3.8L/100km||99g/km|
|BMW 120i||2-litre 4-cyl turbo petrol||135kW / 270Nm||7.1sec||5.8L/100km||133g/km|
|BMW 125i||2-litre 4-cyl turbo petrol||165kW / 310Nm||6.1sec||5.9L/100km||134g/km|
|BMW M140i||3-litre 6-cyl turbo petrol||250kW / 500Nm||4.6sec||7.1L/100km||163g/km|
2017 BMW 1 Series range specification highlights
BMW 118i and 118d
- Sport Line
- 16-inch light-alloy wheels
- LED Headlights
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- Navigation System Business with iDrive6 functionality
- Automatic climate control
- DAB+ radio capability
- Rear view camera
- Speed Limit Info
- Sports steering wheel
- Sports seats for driver and front passenger, finished in cloth upholstery
- Rain-sensing wipers
- BMW ConnectedDrive suite with ConnectedDrive services, remote services, emergency e-call and Real-Time Traffic Information
- Driving Assistant
BMW 120i (in addition to 118i)
- Urban Line
- 17-inch light-alloy wheels
- LED fog lights
- Front and rear Park Distance Control
- Interior lights package
- Dakota leather upholstery
- Extended automatic climate control
- Interior mirror with anti-dazzle function
BMW 125i (in addition to 120i)
- M Sport Package with M Sport suspension
- 18-inch light-alloy wheels
- Exterior mirrors with anti-dazzle function
- M Sport brakes
- BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line exterior finish
- Navigation System Professional with 8.8-inch touch screen
- Cloth/Alcantara upholstery
- M leather steering wheel
- Eight-speed sports automatic transmission
- BMW Individual Anthracite roofliner
BMW M140i (in addition to 125i)
- 18-inch light-alloy wheels in Jet Black
- Adaptive M Suspension
- Adaptive LED headlights with BMW Selective Beam
- Comfort Access System
- Dakota leather upholstery
- Electric seat adjustment with memory function
- harman/kardon loudspeaker system