Abarth has introduced its updated Abarth 595 in Australia. Available in both hatch and convertible variants, the pocket rocket is offered in 595 and 595 Competizione trims.
Originally launched in 2008, the updated Abarth 595 is powered by a 1.4-litre turbocharged engine delivering 107kW in the 595, and 132kW in the Competizione. The engine is paired with either manual or sequential robotised transmission.
Significant upgrades includes improved aerodynamics – offering an 18 percent improvement in cooling efficiency, improved sport oriented ergonomic steering wheel position and new polyelliptical headlights.
Standard equipment includes the new Uconnect 5-Inch colour touchscreen radio, Bluetooth navigation and audio streaming, integrated voice control, UConnect Live services and an included AM/FM/DAB.
The Abarth 595 offers customers the opportunity to upgrade to the powerful and sophisticated BeatsAudio system with seven speakers. Developed in collaboration with Beats by Dr. Dre, the BeatsAudio system boasts an impressive total output of 440 watts and features a digital eight-channel amplifier integrating an advanced equalisation algorithm claimed to be capable of recreating the entire sound spectrum that an artist experiences during studio recording.
Unique design features:
- 16-inch eight spoke alloy wheels
- Body colour mirrors with power adjustment
- Satin chrome finishing (front door handle, back door handle, front and back badge support)
- Matte black front dam and rear bumper insert
- Polyelliptical front headlamps
- LED Day running lights
- Dual tip chrome exhaust
Colour palette includes Abarth Red, Gara White, Campovolo Grey, Pista Grey, Modena Yellow, as well as, further optional metallic/tri-coat paint colours.
The Abarth 595 starts from $26,990 plus on-road costs and is available to order now.
Meanwhile, the Abarth 595 Competizione comes standard with front & rear Koni Shock Absorbers and a carbon fiber/Alcantara steering wheel with viewfinder and new controls.
Zero to 100km/h takes a claimed 6.7 seconds. Other additional upgrades include four-piston front Brembo brakes, with BMC Panel Air Filter, red painted calipers (front and rear) and a dual mode ‘Record Monza’ exhaust.
It also comes with five two-tone body colours including Scorpione Black/Gara White with red liner, Scorpione Black/Podio Blue with white liner, Scorpione Black/Record Grey with white liner, Pista Grey/Abarth Red with white liner and Pista Grey/Campovolo Grey with white liner.
Unique design features:
- 17-Inch “Corsa” alloy wheels
- Tar Cold Grey external mirrors with power adjustment
- Tar Cold Grey finishing (front door handle, back door handle, front and back badge support)
- Tar Cold Grey front dam and reader bumper insert
- Tar Cold Grey “Abarth” side stickers
- Red painted brake calipers (front Brembo)
- Dual Mode Quad tip “Record Monza” exhaust
- Leather sport seating
- Available Sabelt seat in cloth or leather/Alacantra
The Abarth 595 Competizione is priced from $31,990 plus on-road costs and is also available for order now.