Subaru Australia has revised pricing, added extra value and repositioned the 2015 Impreza range, along with an exterior facelift, improved interior quality and enhanced infotainment across the entire range.
The big news however, is the further sharpening of Impreza pricing, already reduced by $500 in January when Australia’s Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with Japan came into effect.
The entry level Impreza 2.0i model drops a further $500, to $22,990 drive away, that’s a total of $1000 price drop since December. But the biggest and most significant price chop comes in the range topping Impreza 2.0i-S. Previously priced at $30,990 excluding on-roads, the 2.0i-S dropped $500 in January due to the FTA, and now comes down a further $3090 to an manufacturer list price of $27,400 – a price drop of $3590 since December.
Another highlight of the revised all-wheel-drive Impreza range is the dropping of the mid-spec 2.0i-L model. This is replaced by the 2.0i Premium, which includes leather trim interior and steering wheel, reverse camera and fog lights over the entry level model.
Subaru Managing Director, Nick Senior, said: “We expect the 2.0i Premium to become our new volume model. It includes a host of additional equipment at an extremely competitive price. There are few small car alternatives that have leather at such an attractive price.
“We also anticipate significant interest in the 2.0i-S, which is a comprehensively equipped small car – sunroof, leather and premium infotainment including factory fitted Sat Nav. A reduction of 11.5 per cent on the December pricing is massive and we hope to attract new customers to this variant.”
Across the range, the exterior design of the Impreza has been altered with a changed grille, headlights and fog light cluster. The combination of these changes give the Impreza a sportier, more aggressive front fascia.
Inside the Impreza a number of changes have been made to improve the overall quality, including all-new infotainment and enhancements.
2015 Subaru Impreza highlights:
- All-new infotainment – new level of onboard information and entertainment
- 2.0i and 2.0i Premium equipped with 6.2” touchscreen unit
- 2.0i-S equipped with 7” satellite navigation unit
- Exterior facelift
- Changed grille, headlights and fog light cluster
- Dark grey rear under spoiler and new chrome look window sills (Sedan only)
- Interior quality enhanced
- Upgraded steering wheel audio switches
- Silver accents around air conditioning vents
- Metallic accents on front door arm rests
- Silver rings around air-con dials
- 2 x 5V DC USB charge ports for rear passengers (located at the back of centre console)
- USB and auxiliary port moved to sit under audio unit
Other improvements include:
2.0i Premium and 2.0i-S
- Upgraded CVT shifter surround
- Stitching on leather trim is now silver instead of black
- Upgraded 16” alloys on 2.0i Premium
- Multi-Information Display unit (2.0i-S only)
- Sporty boot lip spoiler (2.0i-S Sedan only)
- Additional USB connection (2.0i-S only)
2015 Subaru Impreza pricing
- Impreza 2.0i six-speed manual – $22,990 driveaway
- Impreza 2.0i Lineartronic CVT – $24,990 driveaway
- Impreza 2.0i Premium six-speed manual – $21,400 excluding on-roads
- Impreza 2.0i Premium Lineartronic CVT – $23,400 excluding on-roads
- Impreza 2.0i-S Lineartronic CVT – $27,400 excluding on-roads