The Volkswagen Golf R will be available in factory hand painted custom colours in the form of the Golf R Final Edition, which starts from $57,990 plus on-road cost.
Of the 450 units of this last special edition of the Mark 7.5 Golf R before its replacement next year, 150 will be available in a choice of three previously unavailable colours. These are: Victory Blue; Viper Green metallic (recalling the Scirocco R); and Violet Touch Pearlescent.
These shades are Volkswagen Colour Concept custom orders for which the car is removed from the assembly line to be hand-painted in a specialised factory shop before it is returned to the line for completion. This option is $300.
The bulk of the Golf R Final Editions available come in three familiar R colours: Pure White; Lapiz Blue Metallic; and Deep Black Pearl Effect. These add no cost.
Regardless of colouring and in addition the usual Golf R’s extensive array of standard equipment, all Golf R Final Editions come with 19-inch Black Pretoria lightweight alloy wheels, Gloss Black door mirrors, ‘Carbon’ Nappa leather appointed upholstery, and Dynaudio premium audio system.
The Golf R Final Edition will arrive in Australia in May. The standard Golf R hatchback remains on sale from $55,490.
Volkswagen Golf R Final Edition hatchback $57,990
- 19-inch Black Pretoria alloy wheels
- Carbon Nappa leather appointed upholstery
- Gloss Black door mirrors
- Dynaudio premium audio
- Dark tinted rear side and rear window glass
- R Final Edition badge
- 213kW/380Nm 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine
- 7-speed DQ381 wet-clutch DSG
- 4MOTION all-wheel drive
- Heated front seats
- Electrically adjustable driver’s seat with memory function
- LED headlights with Dynamic cornering lights
- Dynamic Light Assist
- R Body styling
- 9.2″ satellite navigation system with gesture control and voice control
- Dark tinted rear and rear side windows
- Metallic and Pearl effect paint
- Exterior mirrors with memory function
Colour Concept special colour $300
Panoramic electric glass sunroof $1,900