Mitsubishi has given the ASX SUV an upgrade, with claimed improvements to overall driver performance and NVH, along with new features and mild cosmetic updates.
The 15MY ASX is said to be quieter, smoother and more refined, and offer better on-road performance with more responsive steering feel.
The new range gets LED Daytime Running Lights, new-designed 17-inch alloy wheels, black roof rails, Emergency Stop Signal (ESS), privacy glass, chrome exterior and interior highlights as standard. A new colour palette called Lightning Blue has also been added.
Meanwhile, Mitsubishi said 2.0-litre petrol ASX models with CVT automatic transmission now benefits from performance upgrades that results in more responsive acceleration feel from a standing start and at mid-range speeds.
It is also said to return around 4 per cent better fuel consumption, giving the ASX CVT models an official rating of 7.4L/100km.
15MY ASX highlights:
- Improved steering feel, handling stability and ride comfort
- NVH refinements
- Better acceleration feel – mid-range and standing start (CVT models only)
- Improved fuel economy to 7.4l/100km (CVT models only)
New features (all models):
- New design 17-inch alloy wheels
- Daytime running lamps
- Chrome exhaust tip and beltline moulding
- ESS (Emergency Stop Signal)
- Privacy glass
- Black roof rails
- Optional Lightning Blue exterior paint
- Gloss black centre panel with chrome highlights
- Black floor console garnish
The new 15MY ASX range is now on sale.
15MY Mitsubishi ASX recommended retail pricing:
ASX LS 2WD 2.0-litre petrol – $24,990 (MT), $26,990 (CVT)
ASX LS 4WD 2.2-litre diesel – $31,990 (AT)
ASX XLS 2WD 2.0-litre petrol – $31,490 (CVT)
ASX XLS 4WD 2.2-litre diesel – $36,490 (AT)