Previously teased in March, Volkswagen’s most kitted-out Amarok yet, the limited-run Amarok V6 580S, will go on sale in June priced from $70,990 plus on-road costs.
Volkswagen Australia will launch the highly specified Amarok V6 580S next month across its national dealer network and online, offering new special features and equipment above the already fully loaded Amarok V6 Ultimate.
The V6 580S is instantly recognizable on the road with a body-coloured molded styling bar, a roof mounted light bar with two 86-watt LED lamps, a premium roll cover and the option of signature Carbon Steel Grey metallic paint (Candy White and Deep Black Pearl effect colours also available). Inside, the Amarok V6 580S’s interior is no-less special with ‘Art Velour’ seat trim with front heater seats.
The flagship Amarok is powered by a 3.0 litre V6 diesel engine rated at 190kW and 580Nm, driving through an 8-speed automatic transmission and 4Motion four-wheel drive.
Buyers had better be quick – the special Amarok model is limited to just 200 units.
Volkswagen Amarok V6 580S Key Specifications
Engine and Transmission
- 3.0 litre V6 TDI
- 4MOTION 4×4 with Torsen Differential
- 8-Speed Automatic
- Torque –580Nm
- Power –190kW (200kW on overboost)
- Art Velour seat trim with heated seats
- Black headlining and pillar trims
- Discover Media with App-Connect
- Climatronic air conditioning system
- Carbon Steel Metallic paint with black exterior door handles
- Deep Black Pearl or Candy White solid paint –body coloured exterior door handles
- Premium roll cover (black)
- 20-inch ‘Talca’ gloss black alloy wheels
- Roof mounted light bar painted in body colour with 2x 86 Watt LED lamps
- Molded sports bar painted in body colour
- Bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights Park distance control front and rear with reverse camera