BMW Australia has announced local pricing and specification of the 8 Series flagship, which is offered in a single M850i xDrive high-spec variant.
Available in both coupe and convertible guise, the M850i will check into showrooms this month, joined by the limited run First Edition model this July.
Pricing for the rival to the Mercedes S-Class Coupe starts at $272,900 for the M850i Coupe and $281,900 for the M850i Convertible. All prices before on-road costs.
A new V8 power unit makes first application in the 8 Series, displacing 4.4 litres and featuring two turbochargers located within the V-shaped space between the cylinder banks for a more compact design and improved thermal efficiency.
Thanks to a 50 kW/68 hp increase in output with no impact on weight compared to the engine it replaces, the new V8 is now able to generate 390 kW/530 hp, which is on tap between 5,500 and 6,000 rpm.
Maximum torque of 750 Nm (553 lb-ft) is available over a wide rev range from 1,800 to 4,600 rpm for prolonged forward thrust. Driving through BMW’s xDrive all-wheel drive system and an 8-speed automatic gearbox, the new M850i xDrive Coupe accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 3.7 seconds, with the convertible trailing not far behind at 3.9 seconds.
BMW M850i xDrive Coupe and Convertible standard equipment highlights include:
- 8-speed Automatic Transmission
- BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system
- 20-inch M light alloy wheels Y-spoke style 728 M Bicolour Cerium Grey with performance tyres
- Tyre Pressure Indicator
- M Sport Brakes
- M Sport Differential
- M Seat belts (NCO)
- Adaptive M Suspension Professional with:
- Integral Active Steering
- Active anti-roll stabilisation
- M Carbon Roof (Coupe)
- Black soft top (Convertible)
- M Rear Spoiler (Coupe)
- Comfort Access including automatic tailgate
- Wireless Smartphone Charging
- Soft Close Doors
- BMW ‘CraftedClarity’ Glass Application
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Parking Assistant Plus, including Rear View Camera, 3D View and Reverse Assistant
- BMW Laselights
- Connected Package Professional, including:
- Remote services, Real-time Traffic Information, Apple CarPlay and Concierge Services
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional, including:
- 12.3-inch instrument cluster, 10.25-inch Control Display, BMW Head-Up Display and Gesture Control
- BMW Night Vision Camera with Pedestrian Recognition
- BMW Air Collar Neck Warmer (Convertible only)
- BMW Individual Metallic Paintwork
- BMW Individual Leather Merino Upholstery
- Heat Comfort Package
- Front heated door/console armrests and steering wheel
- M Carbon Roof (Coupe)
- Heated front seats
- 16-speaker harman/kardon Surround Sound System
BMW 8 Series Convertible and Coupe range pricing (excluding on-roads)
BMW M850i xDrive Coupe $272,900
BMW M850i xDrive Convertible $281,900