The first-ever Audi S3 Sedan is now officially on-sale in Australia, priced from $62,200 RRP. Combining the sporty proportions of the new A3 Sedan, with the performance credentials of the famous S3 model name, it promises to attract a new legion of admirers to the compact luxury sports sedan market.
Read ForceGT’s Audi S3 Sedan Review here.
“With the dynamic styling of the new Audi A3 Sedan as a starting point, the new S3 model was always going to have a striking presence on the road,” said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia.
“However, there is much more depth to this accomplished sports sedan than just looks. It offers enthusiasts a stirring drive, thanks to its powerful engine, lightweight chassis and quattro all-wheel-drive layout,” said Mr Doyle.
Compared to the S3 Sportback, not a single panel is shared with the S3 Sedan, which is highlighted by their unique visual character.
The S3 Sedan sits 25mm lower than the A3 Sedan, and has a slightly shorter wheelbase (6mm) for responsive handling. Utilising the same Audi ultra lightweight technology principles as the rest of the A3 and S3 range, the S3 Sedan weighs just 1,450kg. This makes it the lightest sports sedan in its class.
The S3 Sedan is powered by a 2.0 TFSI engine that develops an impressive 206kW and 380Nm. Acceleration performance is just as noteworthy, reaching 100km/h from rest in just 5.0 seconds. Fuel efficiency is outstanding, at just 6.9 litres per 100km.
If those figures look familiar to you, it’s because the S3 sedan shares its power and drivetrain with the Volkswagen Golf R.
A six-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission is standard on the S3 Sedan, and is matched with Audi’s quattro permanent all-wheel drive system.
As to be expected of an Audi S model, the S3 Sedan features a very generous list of standard equipment and features, including:
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch
- Audi parking system plus: park assist, front & rear sensors with rear view camera
- 18-inch alloy wheels in 5-parallel spoke design
- ‘S’ specific body kit
- ‘S’ exhaust system with quad tailpipes
- ‘S’ sports suspension
- Sport seats in fine Nappa leather, with electric seat adjustment and heating for front seats
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Dual-zone climate control with digital display and rear air vents
- Leather-wrapped, multi-function flat-bottom steering wheel
- Convenience key
Also available for the new S3 Sedan is the S performance package, for $4,990. The package includes:
- LED headlights
- Bang & Olufsen sound system
- Audi magnetic ride
- ‘S’ sports seats in fine Nappa leather with diamond stitching
- 19-inch alloy wheels in parallel-spoke ‘star’ design
- Front and rear brake calipers in S design red