Audi Australia is bolstering its flagship luxury SUV offering with the arrival of the Audi Q8 50 TDI quattro.
Powered by a 3.0 V6 TDI turbo diesel engine equipped with mild-hybrid technology (MHEV), the Audi Q8 50 TDI quattro is the latest addition to the Q family, alongside the Audi Q8 55 TFSI quattro petrol-powered variant.
The Q8 50 TDI produces 210 kW and 600 Nm of torque, enough to propel the SUV from rest to 100 km/h in just 6.3 seconds. The drivetrain is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission and quattro all-wheel drive. Fuel efficiency is also assured, with savings of up to 0.7 litres per 100km, assisted by the 48 Volt mild-hybrid technology (MHEV).
Safety is taken care of by no fewer than 39 driver assistance systems to provide both active and passive safety protection for occupants. Some highlights include Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), Adaptive drive assist (adaptive cruise control with stop & go, with traffic jam assist), lane departure warning, pre-sense front and rear, lane change warning, cross traffic assist rear, Head-up display and 360 degree cameras, including kerb view for easy manoeuvring.
The Audi Q8 50 TDI quattro and Q8 55 TFSI quattro standard equipment include:
- S line exterior package, with 21-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights with high beam assist
- Adaptive suspension with damper control
- Electric opening/closing tailgate
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch response and Audi virtual cockpit
- Audi connect plus, smartphone interface and wireless charging
- DAB+ digital radio
- Audi sound system (10 speakers, 6ch amplifier, 180w)
- Audi music interface with 2x rear USB outlets
- Electrically adjustable/foldable exterior mirrors, with heating and memory
- Electrically adjustable seats in Valcona leather, with 4-way lumbar support
- Front seat ventilation and heating
- Sliding rear bench seat with 40:20:40 split fold
- Convenience key
In addition, the $11,100 Premium plus package includes 22-inch alloy wheels in 5-arm design ($1000 additional for 22″ alloy wheels in 5-V-spoke design) , Adaptive air suspension, HD Matrix LED headlights, Privacy glass, 17-speaker Bang & Olufsen 3D sound system, 4-zone air conditioning with rear touch control panel and the colour interior lighting package. An optional Full leather package, with a suite of additional items in fine Nappa leather is also available for $8,900.
The Audi Q8 50 TDI is offered with the comprehensive Audi service plan package, priced at $2,040 for three years or $2,960 for five years.
Pricing (before on-road costs)
|Q8 50 TDI quattro||210kW||$129,900|
|Q8 55 TFSI quattro||250kW||$129,900|