The all-new Audi S3 Sportback has arrived in Australia with a sharper than expected pricing. Available from December, the new Audi S3 Sportback is priced from $59,990 plus on-road costs.
Sadly, the new S3 is only available as a 5-door (Sportback), with Audi Australia dropping the sporty 3-door version due to low volume in the last generation.
Powered by a new 2.0-litre TFSI engine that developes 206kW and 380Nm, the new S3 Sportback takes just 5.0 seconds to launch from a standstill to 100km/h. Despite its blistering performance, the S3 consumes just 6.9L/100km of fuel.
It is paired with a six-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission and quattro permanent all-wheel drive system. Compared to its predecessor, the latest S3 Sport is 70kg lighter, thanks to Audi’s ultra-lightweight technology.
“The new S3 Sportback sets a benchmark for compact premium performance – it is a sensational package,” said Audi Australia’s Managing Director Andrew Doyle.
“Not only does the new S3 Sportback deliver exceptional performance, but it is equipped with all the sophisticated features expected in a luxury vehicle. This car will change the way enthusiasts view the premium ‘hot hatch’ market. Our positioning for this third-generation S3 Sportback makes progressive performance more accessible than ever before.”
Standard equipment is extensive on the S3 Sportback, and includes:
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch
- Audi parking system plus: park assist, front & rear sensors with rear view camera
- 18-inch alloy wheels in 5-parallel spoke design
- ‘S’ specific body kit
- ‘S’ exhaust system with quad tailpipes
- ‘S’ sports suspension
- Sport seats in fine Nappa leather and heating for front seats
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Dual-zone climate control with digital display and rear air vents
- Leather-wrapped, multi-function flat-bottom steering wheel
Also available for the new S3 Sportback is the S performance package, for $4,990. The package includes:
- LED headlights
- Bang & Olufsen sound system
- Audi magnetic ride
- ‘S’ sports seats in fine Nappa leather with diamond stitching
- 18-inch alloy wheels in parallel-spoke ‘star’ design
- Front and rear brake calipers in S design red