The third-generation BMW X6 will arrive in Australia in the fourth quarter of 2019 with an enhanced styling package, sleek proportions, new infotainment systems and the option of BMW’s new high-capacity towing solution across all models.
The new BMW X6 has grown in length, width and wheelbase but with a reduction in overall height to deliver a sleek and commanding appearance befitting a sports activity vehicle.
A key aspect of the front aesthetic is the new large kidney grille, with both halves of the design framed by a common surround. Characteristic, slim twin headlights underscore the vehicle’s width.
The optional “Iconic Glow” illuminated grille further advances the BMW X6 front design profile.
The interior offers a high degree of variability, thanks to 40:20:40 split rear seat backrests that can be folded down to increase boot capacity from 580 to 1,530 litres.
Three engines are available for the BMW X6 at launch with peak outputs ranging from 195kW of the X6 xDrive30d to 390kW of the X6 M50i.
All power units are mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The powertrains on offer include:
BMW X6 xDrive40i:
3.0-litre six-cylinder petrol engine, 250kW, max. torque 450Nm, 0-100km/h 5.5 secs.
BMW X6 xDrive30d:
3.0-litre six-cylinder diesel engine, 195kW, max. torque 620Nm, 0-100km/h 6.5 secs.
BMW X6 M50i:
4.4-litre Twin Turbo V8 engine, 390kW, max. torque 750Nm, 0-100km/h 4.3 secs.
Factory towing solution
All three BMW X6 models are available with a BMW towing solution that includes an integrated hitch receiver, bespoke control unit and specific vehicle wiring harness.
Every model in the BMW X6 range has 3,500kg towing capacity with a maximum downball load of 280kg. Pricing for the towing hitch mirrors that of the X5 and X7 models at $2,500.
BMW X6 price and specification
BMW X6 xDrive30d is priced at $121,900 and includes the following specification highlights:
- 6 Cylinder Turbo Diesel
- 8-Speed Steptronic Sport Transmission
- M Sport Package including M Sport Brakes
- xDrive system
- 20″ M light alloy wheels (Star-spoke style) Bi-colour
- Leather ‘Vernasca’ upholstery
- Travel & Comfort system
- Aluminium interior trim finish
- Ambient light
- Panorama Glass Sunroof
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Parking Assistant Plus, incl. Surround View Camera and Reversing Assistant
- Live Cockpit Professional incl. natural voice control, iDrive controller, touch operation on the Control Display and smartphone connectivity
- Head-Up Display
- HiFi Loudspeaker system
- Adaptive M Suspension
- Comfort Access, incl. Automatic Operation of the Tailgate & Digital Key
- Automatic Air-Conditioning, 2.5-zone
- Adaptive LED Headlights w/ High-beam assistant
- Intelligent Emergency Call
- Connected Package Professional incl. Apple CarPlay 1yr subscription
- Wireless Smartphone Charging
- DAB Digital Radio tuner
- Chinese Language Display – NCO
BMW X6 xDrive40i is priced at $124,900 and mirrors the specification level of the xDrive30d but features a BMW six cylinder turbo petrol engine.
BMW X6 M50i is priced at $155,900 and adds the following items to the base specification items from the xDrive30d and xDrive40i:
- V8 Twin Turbo petrol
- M Performance
- 22” M light alloy wheels
- Adaptive M Suspension Professional
- Integral Active Steering
- BMW LaserLight
- Leather Instrument Panel
- Soft-Close Doors
- Heated cup holder
- Lumbar support
- 4-Zone Climate Control
- harman / kardon Surround Sound System
- Metallic paint
The following option packages are available for BMW X6:
- Soft close doors (standard on M50i)
- Active Seat Ventilation
- Comfort Seats
- BMW CraftedClarity Glass Application
- Front and Rear Seat Heating
- Massage Function
- 22” Light Alloy Wheels
- Metallic Paint
- BMW “Iconic Glow” grille illumination
- xOffroad Package
- Adaptive 2-axle Air Suspension
- BMW Display Key
All models can also be specified with BMW Individual Full Leather “Merino” upholstery in either Ivory White or Black for $7,300 if the Comfort Seats option is selected.