The new-generation Honda Accord has launched in Australia, with more luxury features and safety technology.
“This is the most advanced Accord ever. With its new state-of-the-art safety features and elements of Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology, this is a car we are very proud of,” said Stephen Collins, Honda Australia’s Director during the launch.
“This ninth-generation Accord is more luxurious and sophisticated and performs better than any of its predecessors throughout its 37-year history.”
Priced from $31,490 plus on roads, the new Honda Accord is available in two engines and four variants – a four cylinder VTi, VTi-S and VTi-L and the six-cylinder V6L.
Headlining the Accord’s new safety systems is Honda’s LaneWatch technology which features a camera that displays a vehicle in the Accord’s blind spot on the Multi-Information Display (i-MID). It is said to increase the view of the passenger side mirror by up to 80 degrees.
Also new for the 2013 Accord is Honda’s Advanced Driver Assist System (ADAS) which includes Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS), Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). ADAS is available on the VTi-L as a $3,500 option and is standard on the V6L.
The Honda Accord will continue to be sold alongside the Accord Euro in Australia, the only market in the world to do so.
There are six colours to choose from for the all-new Accord: Alabaster Silver, Carnelian Red, Champagne Frost, Crystal Black, Modern Steel and White Orchid.
The four-cylinder VTi features the following specifications:
- 2.4 litre i-VTEC DOHC engine delivering 129kW of power at 6200rpm and 225Nm of torque at 4000rpm
- Fuel economy of 7.9 litres per 100 kilometres and CO2 emissions of 187 grams per kilometre
- Five-speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and Traction control System (TCS)
- Reversing camera with three modes
- Electronic power-assisted rack and pinion steering with tilt and telescopic function
- Multi-information Display (MID) and intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID)
- Whiplash mitigating head restraints
- ECON mode
- Six airbags (front, side and full-length curtain)
- 461 litre boot capacity
- 16 inch alloy wheels with full size spare
The four cylinder VTi-S features the same specifications as the VTi with the addition of:
- Honda’s LaneWatch blind spot monitoring system
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rain sensing auto front wipers
- Reverse tilt door mirror
- LED headlights with leaving home/coming home feature
- Premium audio system with seven speakers and touch screen
- 457 litre boot capacity
- 17 inch alloy wheels with full size spare
The four-cylinder VTi-L has the same specifications with as the VTi-S with the addition of:
- Honda’s Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS) as a factory fitted option
- Fuel economy of 8.1 litres per 100 kilometres and CO2 emissions of 192 grams per kilometre
- Active cornering headlights
- i-MID with satellite navigation
- Intelligent dual-zone climate control
- Smart keyless entry and start
- Driver’s seat memory
- 18 inch alloy wheels with a full size spare
The six cylinder V6 has the same specifications as the VTi-L with the following differences:
- 3.5 litre SOHC i-VTEC V6 engine delivering 206kW of power at 6200rpm and 339Nm of torque @4900rpm
- Fuel economy of 9.2 litres per 100 kilometres and CO2 emissions of 217 grams per kilometre
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- Honda’s Advanced Driver Assist System (ADAS) as standard
- Twin exhaust
- Hydrophilic side mirrors
- Electric rear window sunshade
- 8-way power driver and front passenger seat
The 2013 Honda Accord will arrive showrooms from 2 June.
|Model||Price (Excl. on-roads)|
|Honda Accord VTi||$31,490|
|Honda Accord VTi-S||$33,990|
|Honda Accord VTi-L||$41,490|
|Honda Accord VTi-L with ADAS||$44,990|
|Honda Accord V6L||$51,990|