Only a couple of decades ago, cars needed over 10 seconds to hit 100km/h and 300km/h was just a dream. Fast forward to 2013, cars like the Nissan GT-R is nailing the century spin in less than 3 seconds and 300km/h is just a walk in the park.
If that’s quick, this AMS Performance Nissan GT-R Alpha 12+ literally redefines what is physically possible. Under the bonnet, the heavily modified twin-turbocharged 3.8-litre V6 engine now produces a whopping 1,700 horsepower (1,268kW), or over 1,200 horsepower (892kW) at the wheels.
At the drag strip, the Nissan GT-R Alpha 12+ lays down insane performance figures: 0-200 km/h in 6.52 seconds, 0-300 km/h in 12.87 seconds, 1/4 mile in 9.89 seconds and a full mile in 22.78 seconds at 374.6 km/h. That is quicker than the Hennessey Venom GT, Koenigsegg Agera R and even the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.
AMS Performance Nissan GT-R Alpha 12+ Specification
- Alpha 12 Turbo System
- Balanced and Blueprinted AMS Alpha 4.0L Race Engine
- Alpha CNC Race Ported Cylinder Heads
- Alpha 12 Transmission by Sheptrans. Upgraded with Dodson and PPG components
- Alpha Spec. 94MM Race Exhaust System
- Alpha Downpipes
- Alpha 90mm Resonated Mid-pipe (race version available)
- Alpha Race Front Mount Intercooler
- Alpha 76mm High-Flow Intercooler Piping
- TiAL Q Blow-Off Valves
- Alpha Induction Intake Piping
- K&N Air Filter
- Alpha Upgraded MAP Sensors
- Alpha Spec Upgraded Fuel Injectors
- Alpha Fuel Rail Kit w/Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Alpha Series Fuel System Upgrade
- Cobb AccessPORT Tuning System
- Alpha Calibration Maps (premium gas and race fuel)