American tuner ARK Performance Inc. has released details for its Hyundai Genesis AR550 sedan for the 2014 SEMA auto show, taking the 2015 Genesis V8’s performance to a whole new level. The vehicle will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA booth on November 4.
For the tuner’s sixth Hyundai vehicle built for SEMA, ARK focused on fusing supercharged power with sporty design, setting a new standard for Hyundai performance. The exterior has been modified to accommodate larger wheels resulting in a wider stance, coupled with a lowered suspension setup that results in an overall more aggressive appearance. The interior has also been revised to provide the opulence of a private business jet.
“The AR550 concept focuses on refined performance that integrates directly with Hyundai’s ‘Design to Empower’ vision for the Genesis Sedan,” said Lerry Liu, Marketing Director, ARK Performance, Inc. “This year we are focused on two core elements all under the new line of ARK Racing (AR) concepts for Hyundai’s. First, we focused on the power, handling, and most importantly the sound of the Hyundai power plant. Second, we integrated our high-performance racing technology to introduce a very unique and bold Hyundai vehicle.”
Utilising Hyundai’s “Tau” 5.0-liter V8 engine as the powertrain’s foundation, the AR550 adds 130 horsepower (97kW) via the addition of a Rotrex supercharger and ARK free-flow exhaust to help the engine breath. An all new ARK-developed suspension setup reduces body roll and provides a sportier ride, and a Brembo Big Brake Kit with Nitto Tyres make sure the car sticks to the road.
“AR Line” exterior modifications include front and rear wide bumpers and fenders, a carbon fibre splitter and rear diffuser and AR headlights. The business jet-like interior is accomplished through Katzkin custom diamond-stitched seats and door panels.
- Hyundai Tau 5.0L V8 Engine
- Rotrex Supercharger
- ARK Performance Intake System
- ARK ‘AR line’ Carbon Engine Cover
- ARK Downpipes
- ARK High-Flow Catted Test Pipe
- ARK GRiP Exhaust System
- Upgraded Engine Management
- ARK Race Spec Driveshaft
- Engine Upgrade and Installation
- ARK Front Strut Reinforcement Bar
- ARK Front / Rear Stiffened Sway Bars
- Airrex Premium Air Suspension System
- ARK Knuckles and Control Arms
- Brembo Big Brake Kit (Front / Rear)
- ARK Lightweight Forged Wheels
- Nitto Tyre NT05 Summer Tyres
- AR Aero package by Infinite Auto Design
- AR550 Wide Front Bumper w/ Carbon Fibre
- AR550 Wide Rear Bumper w/ Carbon Fibre
- AR550 Wide Front / Rear Fenders
- AR550 Side Skirts w/ Carbon Fibre
- AR550 Rear Trunk Decklid
- AR550 Design / Mold
- AR550 Crystal Project Headlights Upgrade
- AR550 Exterior Welcome Lighting
- Katzkin Custom Diamond Stitched Seats
- Katzkin Custom Diamond Stitched Panels