Urban mobility with purely electric drive can now also be experienced in a MINI with the new Cooper SE.
As the first solely electrically powered model of the British brand, the Cooper SE features a 135 kW/270Nm electric motor driving the front wheels. An innovative driving dynamics system with wheel slip limiting close to the actuator give the new MINI Cooper SE the agile go-kart feeling.
The model-specific lithium-ion battery enables a range of 235 to 270 kilometres. The high-voltage battery is situated deep in the vehicle floor, ensuring there are no limitations in terms of luggage compartment volume as compared to the conventionally powered MINI 3 Door.
The new MINI Cooper SE: an overview of the highlights.
- First MINI and first small car in the premium segment to run on electrical power only.
- Electric motor with 135 kW/184 hp and 270 Nm.
- Model-specific lithium-ion battery enables range of 235 to 270 kilometres – without constraints in terms of luggage compartment volume.
- Can be charged at a household socket, wallbox or public charging stations, fast direct-current charging possible at up to 50 kW.
- Outstanding agility due to spontaneous power delivery, low centre of gravity, front-wheel drive and wheel slip limiting close to the actuator.
- Acceleration from zero to 60 km/h in 3.9 seconds and from zero to 100 km/h in 7.3 seconds.
- Characteristic design of the MINI 3 Door with model-specific accentuations.
- Model-specific display and control elements in the interior.
- Recuperation can be configured at two levels.
- Standard equipment features include LED headlamps, 2-zone automatic air conditioning, heating with heat pump technology, auxiliary heating, electric parking brake and Connected Navigation.