The eighth generation Audi A6 goes on sale this month, bringing numerous new innovations to the segment including mild hybrid powertrains, a touch responsive multimedia interface and next generation in matrix LED headlights.
The new A6 line-up will consist of two petrol TFSI drivetrains: the 55 TFSI quattro, with its 250kW/500Nm 3.0-litre V6 engine, will make its debut at launch. Later in the year, it will be joined by the A6 45 TFSI quattro, producing 180kW of power and 370Nm of torque between 1600 and 4500rpm.
Both engines feature Mild-Hybrid Electric Vehicle technology (MHEV), with the 55 TFSI and the 45 TFSI utilizing 48- and 12-volt systems respectively. The 48-volt system functions as the car’s main electrical system and allows power recuperation of up to 12kW, plus start-stop operation from 22km/h.
Both powerplants are mated to Audi’s seven-speed S tronic transmission, and with quattro all-wheel drive and progressive steering as standard across the range, the A6 Sedan delivers extraordinary grip and handling to match its performance.
The Audi A6 Sedan has been given a 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating, and it will arrive in Australia with the full suite of Audi driver assistance systems as standard, across the range:
- Adaptive cruise assist with traffic jam assist
- 360 degree cameras with kerb view function
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Audi pre-sense front and pre-sense rear
- Audi active lane assist
- Audi side assist with cross traffic assist
- Collision avoidance assist and turn assist
- Intersection assist
- Exit warning
The entry level Audi A6 45 TFSI quattro boasts $13,000 worth of additional features over the previous generation, highlights include:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Matrix LED headlights
- Heated front seats
- MMI navigation with MMI touch response (10.1″ & 8.6″ touch screens)
- Audi virtual cockpit
- Audi connect plus
- Audi phone box light – wireless charging for mobile phones with Qi standard
- Audi music interface with x2 front and x2 rear USB outlets
The premium Audi A6 45 TFSI quattro S line and A6 55 TFSI quattro S line models add even more standard equipment, with highlights including:
- S line exterior package
- 20-inch alloy wheels in 5-V-spoke design
- Suspension with adaptive damper control
- Sport front seats upholstered in Valcona leather
- Illuminated door sill trims in S design
- Head-up display
In addition, the Premium plus package (from $9,800) is available on the S line models, and includes HD Matrix LED headlights, S line interior package, Privacy glass, panoramic glass sunroof, Bang & Olufsen 3D Sound System, electric steering column adjustment, electrically opening and closing bootlid, as well as a colour interior lighting package, including ambient lighting.
2019 Audi A6 Pricing (excluding on-roads)
A6 Sedan 45 TFSI quattro 180kW – $95,500
A6 Sedan 45 TFSI quattro S line 180kW – $105,200
A6 Sedan 55 TFSI quattro S line 250kW – $116,000