BMW Australia has confirmed the first ever M Performance model for the X2 will hit local showrooms in 2019 with a 225kW/450Nm 2.0-litre turbocharged four petrol.
The ‘B48’ engine is the first ever four-cylinder engine in a M Performance model and is matched with an eight-speed Steptronic transmission with paddle shifters and launch control function that enables the X2 M35i to demolish the century sprint in a blistering 4.9 seconds.
To maximise the engine’s full potential, the hot X2 features specifically-tuned M Sport suspension, an all-wheel-drive system with M Sport differential and a mechanical limited-slip differential fitted to the front axle to minimise torque steer and maximise front end grip.
The car rolls on Double-spoke styled 20-inch light alloy wheels, while braking power comes courtesy of a set of M Sport brakes with trademark blue calipers.
Outside, the X2 M35i gets a M Aerodynamics package that combines black high-gloss details with body trims finished in signature Cerium Grey M Performance hue. Around the back, there’s a pair of Cerium Grey finished exhaust pipes measuring 100mm in diameter to match its sporting prowess.
Inside, the car’s interior features electrically adjustable M Sport seats with integrated headrests that can be had in a variety of upholsteries. Like the rest of the X2 range, the range-topping M35i also comes with an 8.8-inch colour touchscreen with Navigation System Plus, Apple CarPlay, head-up display, LED headlights with cornering function, BMW Connected+ and extended Bluetooth.
Other equipment highlight includes:
– Upholstery, leather ‘Dakota’ with perforations
– BMW Individual roofliner Anthracite
– Comfort Access System incl. contactless operation of tailgate
– Electric seat adjustment for driver and front passenger with memory function
– Lumbar support for driver and front passenger
– Seat heating for driver and front passenger
– Interior trim, Aluminium Hexagon with highlight trim finisher Blue matt
– Door sill finishes with ‘M35i’ designation, front
– harman/kardon HiFi loudspeaker system, 360W with 12 speakers
– Exterior and interior mirrors with anti-dazzle function
– M Sport brakes
– 20-inch M light alloy wheels
– M Aerodynamics Package
– BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line
– BMW kidney grille frame in Cerium Grey
– Exterior mirror caps in Cerium Grey
– Exterior design elements in Cerium Grey- Exhaust pipe, round, left and right in Cerium Grey
BMW Australia is also offering an exclusive $2,900 ‘Enhance Package’ for the X2 M35i, which bundles three popular options together – metallic paint, a panoramic glass sunroof and wireless phone charging.