Pricing and specifications for the biggest Ford pickup ever to roll on Australian roads, the Ford F-150, have been confirmed. The flagship American ute will arrive Down Under in the second half of 2023 with a factory-backed five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty and the convenience of servicing through a nationwide Ford dealer network.
The Ford F-150 range will start from $106,950 plus on-road costs, with four variants in the range, including both short-wheelbase (SWB) and long-wheelbase (LWB) body styles for the XLT and LARIAT.
The reintroduction of F-Series comes after significant demand from Aussies for Ford’s biggest, boldest and most capable pick-up. Following extensive re-engineering work by Ford Australia and RMA Automotive, the right-hand-drive F-150 will now be available from local Ford dealerships.
Both the XLT and LARIAT F-150 will feature the top-selling 3.5L EcoBoost Twin-Turbo V6 petrol engine, coupled with 10-speed automatic transmission in 4×4 Crew Cab configuration. With 298kW and 678Nm across the range, the F-150 features Ford’s port-fuel and direct-injection (PFDI) system, which uses a pair of injectors per cylinder along with twin turbochargers that offer on-demand power while minimising lag.
Each F-150 variant can be purchased either as a SWB with a 3683mm wheelbase and 1676mm styleside box, or LWB that extends the wheelbase to 3987mm and styleside box to 1981mm. All F-150 models in Australia are capable of towing 4.5 tonne, matching arch rival RAM 1500.
The XLT aims at owners wanting compelling capability from their pick-up paired with no-nonsense ruggedness. For the F-150 XLT, standard features include 20-inch six-spoke machined-aluminium wheels, chrome front and rear bumpers, black platform running boards, tailgate with flexible step and work surface as well as a “Tough Bed” spray-in bedliner.
The F-150 XLT SWB is priced from $106,950, while the XLT LWB asks for $107,945.
As the flagship of the Australian F-150 range, the F-150 LARIAT brings added levels of luxury with additional features over and above the XLT variant including premium mesh insert grille with chrome surround, chrome appearance package including mirror scalps, door handles, belt moldings, tow hooks and running boards, powered twin-panel moonroof and LED headlights, fog lights and taillamps.
The F-150 LARIAT SWB costs $139,950, while the LWB LARIAT has a sticker of $140,945.
All prices quoted exclude on-road costs.
Ford F-150 specifications:
- Two-bar style grille with chrome surround and black accents
- 20-inch six-spoke machined faced alloy wheels
- Chrome front and rear bumpers
- Black platform running boards
- Tailgate with flexible step and work surface
- Tough Bed spray-in bedliner
- Boxlink cargo management locking cleats
- Underbody skidplates
- 12-way power (including lumbar) driver cloth seat
- 10-way power (including lumbar) front passenger cloth seat
- Column mounted gear shifter
- SYNC 4 with eight-inch centre touchscreen
- Satellite Navigation system
- Seven-speaker sound system
- Eight-inch multiview digital instrument cluster
- FordPass Connect
- Dual zone automatic climate control
- Power adjustable foot pedals
- Foldout office workspace
- Six airbags
- Rear view camera
- Rear parking sensors
- Ford Pro-Trailer Back-Up Assist
- Cruise control
- Pre-collision assist with automatic emergency braking (AEB)
- BLIS with cross-traffic alert and trailer tow coverage
- Lane-keeping aid and driver alert system
F-150 LARIAT (in addition to XLT)
- Premium mesh insert grille with chrome surround
- Chrome appearance package including mirror scalps, door handles, belt moldings, tow hooks and running boards
- Powered twin-panel moonroof
- LED headlights, fog lights and taillamps
- Power release and close tailgate
- Power sliding rear window
- Leather-accented seats
- Heated and cooled front seats
- Heated rear seats (excluding middle seat)
- 12-way power (including lumbar) driver seat with memory settings
- 12-way power (including lumbar) front passenger seat
- Floor console mounted shifter
- 12-inch centre touchscreen
- 12-inch digital instrument cluster
- B&O unleashed sound system by Bang & Olufsen with 18 speakers
- Power adjustable foot pedals with memory settings
- Front parking sensors
- 360-degree camera
- Intelligent adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go
- Lane centering
- Speed sign recognition
- Evasive steering assist
- Intersection assist
- Wireless phone charging