BMW Australia’s best-selling X1 compact SUV range has been expanded to include a new sDrive18i entry-level variant. Priced from $45,900 plus on-road costs, the BMW X1 sDrive18i brings several ‘firsts’ to the renowned X1 range.
“The BMW X1 has been a mainstay of our product lineup for several years now,” said BMW Group Australia CEO, Marc Werner.
“In 2017, it has proven to be our number one seller across all segments, which is a strong confirmation of the X1’s blend of value and capability,” he said.
2018 BMW X1 range pricing:
X1 sDrive18i $45,900
X1 sDrive18d $49,900
X1 sDrive20i $53,600
X1 xDrive25i $60,700
The new BMW X1 sDrive18i offers an attractive new entry point for the popular X1 range. Powered by a 1.5-litre three-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine, the front-wheel drive sDrive18i generates 100kW and a strong 220Nm torque output.
Coupled to a lightweight seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, the X1 sDrive18i consumes just 5.4L/100km on the combined cycle.
The new entry level X1 comes equipped with the latest BMW iDrive6 infotainment system, now featuring Touch Control for the 6.5-inch screen. This tile-based system can also be controlled via the functional iDrive rotary controller or via natural voice recognition.
The xLine trim is fitted as standard, with M Sport package available as an option.
Other standard equipment highlights include:
- Front and rear park distance control
- Cruise control with braking function
- Rear view camera
- Parking assistant
- LED headlights with cornering lights
- High-beam assist
- Driving Assistant including speed limit info, lane departure and forward collision warning
- 18-inch BMW light alloy wheels
- Automatic tailgate operation
- Real-time traffic information
- Foldable rear seats with 40:20:40 split
- Instrument panel with 5.7-inch TFT display
- Colour 6.5-inch infotainment touchscreen
In addition a range of option packages are available:
The Convenience Package ($1,500) offers:
- Interior rear-view mirror with anti-dazzle function
- Seat adjustment for rear seats
- Automatic air conditioning
- Lights package
The Innovations Package is available for $2,600 and includes:
- Driving Assistant Plus
- Navigation system Plus
- BMW Head-Up Display
- ConnectedDrive Freedom including Concierge Services
The Comfort Package ($2,700) adds:
- Comfort Access
- Electric seat adjustment for driver and front passenger, memory function
- Lumbar support for driver and front passenger
- Exterior driver-side mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function
- Seat heating for driver and front passenger
2018 BMW X1 range by model: Performance and efficiency
|X1 sDrive18i||1.5L 3-cyl turbopetrol||100kW/220Nm||9.6sec||5.4L/100km||145g/km|
|X1 sDrive18d||2.0L 4-cyl turbodiesel||110kW/330Nm||9.2sec||4.7L/100km||124g/km|
|X1 sDrive20i||2.0L 4-cyl turbopetrol||141kW/280Nm||7.6sec||6.2L/100km||139g/km|
|X1 xDrive25i||2.0L 4-cyl turbopetrol||170kW/350Nm||6.5sec||6.6L/100km||154g/km|