The Audi SQ5 isn’t the only car in Audi’s stable to get the brand new twin-turbo 3.0-litre TDI V6 engine. The company has brought in an Audi A6 and A7 model powered by the same race-bred engine.
The high-performance diesel will propel the Audi A6 from 0-100km/h in just 5.1 seconds, making them the fastest diesel-powered vehicle in Australia. The A7 will accomplish the task in an extra 0.3 seconds.
While most of us are not big fans of diesel exhaust notes, Audi has installed a sound actuator to the car’s exhaust system to make them sound sportier through the entire rev range.
The twin-turbo 3.0-litre TDI V6 engine delivers 230kW of power and 650Nm of torque from 1,450-2,800rpm. Despite the exhilarating figures, it sips just 6.4L/100km and emits 169 g/km of CO2 for both models.
Audi is looking to entice new customers to the brand in Australia, further enhancing Audi’s TDI leadership. The A6 range is currently characterized by a strong TDI share of sales of 53%, and this new, sharply-positioned model is expected to find favour with performance-oriented buyers.
Equipment highlights of the A6 3.0 TDI Biturbo include:
- 18-inch alloy wheels in 10-spoke V design
- Audi drive select with efficiency mode
- Audi music interface
- Audi parking system with rear view camera
- BOSE surround sound
- Bluetooth interface with music streaming
- Convenience key
- Electric front seats with memory function for the driver
- Electric glass sunroof
- MMI Navigation plus with retractable screen and touch pad
- Milano leather upholstery
- Xenon plus headlights
Additional equipment highlights of the A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI Biturbo include:
- 19-inch alloy wheels in 10-spoke design
- 4-zone deluxe air conditioning
- Audi parking system with front and rear camera
- Electric tailgate function
- Valcona leather upholstery
|Model||Pricing (Excluding on-roads)|
|Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro Sedan||$118,800|
|Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI Quattro||$148,600|