Nissan has released the Australian pricing and model line up for the all-new Nissan X-Trail (read ForceGT’s review here), which goes on sale in March (Register Your Interest at http://www.nissan.com.au/Cars-Vehicles/New-XTRAIL/Overview). For the first time, the X-Trail is now available with seven seats.
Offered in three models – ST, ST-L and Ti – and available in two and all-wheel drive, the range kicks off at $27,990 plus on-roads for the two-wheel drive ST Manual. It is the sole model to be equipped with a 2.0-litre petrol engine producing 106kW of power and 200Nm of torque. It is paired with a manual transmission.
ST-L and Ti models are both powered by a 2.5-litre petrol engine generating 126kW of power and 226Nm of torque. It is married to Nissan’s Xtronic CVT transmission.
A diesel engine will be added to the range in late Quarter 3 of 2014 as well.
New to the X-Trail are the Divide ‘N’ Hide Storage System (five-seat variants only) and NissanConnect Smartphone connectivity. All models are equipped with Active Ride Control and Rear View Camera as standard.
ST-L model additionally gets Around View Monitor, satellite navigation, digital radio, leather-trimmed seats and dual-zone climate control. The rang-topping Ti models adds Sensor Activated Tailgate, Blind Spot Warning, Moving Object Detection and Lane Departure Warning.
All three grades have the option of all-wheel drive with Nissan’s All Mode 4×4-I system.
Nissan X-TRAIL ST includes the following equipment – as a standard or minimum across the range:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Scratch Shield body coating
- Five-inch LCD colour QVDA monitor
- Rear View Camera
- Intelligent Key with push button start
- AM/FM radio, 1CD, MP3, USB, AUX, Bluetooth®
- NissanConnect™ Smartphone Connectivity ##
- EZ Flex™ Seating System with second row 40/20/40 split fold-down sliding/reclining bench seat
- Wide-opening rear doors featuring 80 degree opening
- Divide ’N’ Hide™ flexible cargo storage system (in five-seat variants only)
- Cruise control
- Driver and passenger front airbags, side and curtain airbags
- Second row ISOFIX and top tether anchor points for child seats
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) with Brake Assist (BA), Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), Hill Decent Control (HDC), Hill Start Assist (HSA) and LSD (Limited Slip Differential) – 2.5L four-wheel-drive only
- Active Trace Control
- Active Engine Control
- Body Motion Control
Nissan X-TRAIL ST-L includes all of the spec of the ST, with the addition of (in place of similar equipment when applicable):
- Front fog lamps
- Roof rails
- Privacy glass
- Seven-inch LCD colour QVDA monitor
- Around View® Monitor
- Satellite navigation with AM/FM, 1CD, USB, AUX, Bluetooth®
- Digital Radio
- Leather-accented seats, steering wheel, shift knob
- Power front driver seat with electric lumbar support
- Heated driver and passenger front seats
- Dual Zone climate control
Nissan X-TRAIL Ti includes all of the spec of the ST-L, with the addition of (in place of similar equipment when applicable):
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- Motion sensor activated power tailgate
- Auto-levelling headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Intelligent Key including rear power tail gate open/close
- Power tilt and slide sunroof
- Rear view mirror with auto Anti-Dazzle
- Lane departure warning
- Moving object detection
- Blind spot warning
|Model||Price (Excl. on-roads)|
|X-Trail ST 2.0L Manual||$27,990|
|X-Trail ST 2.5L Xtronic||$30,490|
|X-Trail ST 2.5L Xtronic – Seven Seat||$31,580|
|X-Trail ST-L 2.5L Xtronic||$36,190|
|X-Trail ST-L 2.5L Xtronic – Seven Seat||$37,190|
|X-Trail ST 2.5L Xtronic||$33,980|
|X-Trail ST-L 2.5L Xtronic||$39,080|
|X-Trail Ti 2.5L Xtronic||$44,680|