Audi has announced the first RS Q3 model will arrive in Australia in February, priced from under $81,900, plus on-roads. It is the first-ever Audi RS model under $100,000.
The new Audi RS Q3 is said to combine performance and practicality into a sporty and compact design that has never been possible before.
“The Audi RS Q3 is a stunning vehicle that offers performance car enthusiasts something completely different,” said Audi Australia’s Managing Director Andrew Doyle.
“Our price point of $81,900 is really going to motivate some buyers to look at the sports car they have always wanted. No other car offers anything like the kind of performance, versatility or exclusivity of an Audi RS model at this price point. It truly is a unique vehicle and looks set to expand Australia’s love of performance SUV models.”
The high-riding RS Q3 is motivated by a 2.5-litre five-cylinder TFSI petrol engine that generates 228kW of power and 420Nm of torque. Distributed to all four wheels via quattro technology through a seven-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission, the RS Q3 launches from 0-100km/h in just 5.5 seconds.
Despite the sharp pricing, the RS Q3 comes equipped with a high level of standard equipment, as to be expected of an Audi RS model. Highlights include:
- RS specific styling, front and rear
- RS high-performance brake system, wave disc design at the front
- Xenon plus headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- MMI Navigation plus with MMI touch, 20 GB of hard drive storage and 2 SD card readers
- Audi parking system plus with rear view camera
- Audi Music Interface, Bluetooth interface with audio streaming
- Sports seats with Fine Nappa leather and RS embossing
- Dual zone climate control
- Automatically dimming interior mirror, electric exterior mirrors
- RS specific interior highlights
The Audi RS Q3 is scheduled to arrive in Australia in February 2014. To-date, the firm said around 70 orders have been placed for this new vehicle.