The exclusive BMW M850i First Edition Coupe has been confirmed for Australia, with an initial allocation of just 8 unit priced at $295,000 each.
Arriving in July and part of a highly exclusive production of only 400 global units, the BMW M850i First Edition cuts a fine figure in its bespoke BMW Individual Frozen Barcelona Blue metallic paintwork
Exuding presence, the BMW M850i xDrive Coupe First Edition features a striking array of equipment developed by the BMW Individual artisans.
The Coupe’s exterior lines are accentuated by BMW Individual Frozen Barcelona Blue metallic paintwork, which is offset by Jet Black 20-inch BMW M light alloy wheels in Y- spoke configuration.
Further exterior accents include the extended BMW Individual High Gloss Shadow Line package, which includes high-gloss black treatment to the famed BMW kidney grille and side air breathers.
The M Carbon Exterior Package, usually a cost option on the regular M850i, is fitted as standard to the First Edition. This includes carbon-fibre front air intake inserts, exterior mirror caps, rear bootlid spoiler, diffuser insert and tailpipe surrounds.
Inside the M850i xDrive Coupe First Edition furthers the theme, with the M Sport Steering Wheel finished in BMW Individual Night Blue leather trim. Piano Black interior trims, also sourced from BMW Individual, is also supplied and features an exclusive ‘First Edition 1/400’ signet on the centre console cover.
Exclusive BMW Individual Full Leather Merino upholstery is finished in Bicolour Ivory White and Night Blue, while the Headliner is also finished in Night Blue Alcantara.
An evocative 16-speaker Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System offers some 1400 watts of power and utilises a 10-channel active amplifier. A diamond tweeter is housed in the middle of the instrument panel and features NautilusTM spiral technology for even crisper sound. The Quantam Logic Surround features a seven-band equaliser and the stainless steel finishers feature a FibonacciTM hole pattern design to further purify the sound experience.
Powered by a twin-turbocharged 4.4-litre V8 petrol engine, the M850i delivers an impressive 390kW of peak power with a 750Nm torque peak. Sending drive to all four wheels via an eight-speed automatic gearbox with shift paddles for manual control, the M850i can hit 100km/h in just 3.7 seconds, accompanied by a thrilling V8 soundtrack via the standard M Sport Exhaust system.
BMW M850i xDrive First Edition Coupe specifications
- Eight-speed Automatic Transmission
- BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system
- M Sport Brakes
- M Sport Differential
- M Seat belts (NCO)
- Adaptive M Suspension Professional with:o Integral Active Steeringo Active anti-roll stabilisation
- M Carbon Roof (Coupe)
- M Rear Spoiler (Coupe)
- Comfort Access
- Wireless Smartphone Charging
- Soft Close Doors
- BMW ‘CraftedClarity’ Glass Applications
- BMW Individual Extended ‘Merino’ Leather upholstery
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Parking Assistant Plus, including Rear View Camera, 3D View and Reverse Assistant
- BMW Laserlight
- Connected Package Professional, including:o Remote services, Real-time Traffic Information, Apple CarPlay and Concierge Services
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional, including:o 12.3-inch instrument cluster, 10.25-inch Control Display, BMW Head-Up Display and Gesture Control
- BMW Night Vision Camera with Pedestrian Recognition
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heat Comfort Package