The fastest, baddest and most powerful pick up truck has landed in Australia from America, complete with right-hand-drive and local compliance. The all-new RAM TRX is the new halo model for RAM Trucks Australia.
Powered by a 6.2-litre supercharged HEMI V8 petrol engine, the RAM TRX sets new benchmarks for power and performance for a full-size pick up: 523kW @ 6,100rpm and 882NM @ 4,200rpm, good for a 0-100km/h sprint time of just 4.5 seconds. Maxed out, the behemoth can hit 190km/h.
Priced from $199,950 before on-road costs, the RAM TRX is the most expensive pick up on the market. The only option available is a full-length panoramic sunroof, at an additional $10,000.
The flagship model is joined in the range by the RAM 1500 Express Crew and Warlock models in the original DS variant, followed by the 1500 Laramie and 1500 Limited in the recently launched DT model range, and the Heavy Duty 2500 Laramie and Heavy Duty 3500 Laramie.
Key RAM TRX highlights include:
- 6.2-litre supercharged HEMI V8 sets new benchmarks for power and performance:
523kW @ 6,100rpm; 882NM @ 4,200rpm
0-100km/h in 4.5 seconds; 190km/h max speed
- Extensive high-strength steel increases low-torsion attributes to amplify durability and stability
- High-torque-capacity TorqueFlite 8HP95 eight-speed automatic transmission
- New, innovative dual-path air induction system delivers maximum output and feeds a steady supply of cool, clean air to the engine through the front grille and functional hood scoop
- Largest air filter in the segment uses dual filter elements and is designed for extreme, dusty environments with four times the dust trapping capacity of its closest competitor
- Full-time active transfer case features upgraded internals for improved strength, durability
- All-new, unique suspension system with active damping, inspired by desert off-road racers, incorporates forged aluminium front upper and lower control arms with special attention to caster and camber angles during suspension cycling
- New independent front suspension system with active damping uses high-strength aluminium to maintain overall strength and durability
- TRX uses a Dana 60 solid rear axle with a 3.55 ratio featuring full-floating hubs and axle-hop damper for improved traction and axle control on rough surfaces. An electronic locking rear differential is standard for increased performance off-road
Designed exclusively for TRX, new front and rear 2.6-inch Bilstein Black Hawk e2 adaptive performance shocks provide fast reaction time, effective damping and improved heat dissipation for traversing harsh terrain at high speeds
- Five-link coil suspension is tuned to deliver the best combination of ride, handling and comfort no matter the road surface
- Functional hood scoop is responsible for 50 percent of air entering the 6.2-litre supercharged HEMI V8 engine while the other 50 percent enters through the grille
- New integrated composite fender flares add body width and feature all-new steel box outers, creating a striking “hourglass” body
- Most spacious interior in the segment offers new, authentic premium materials, colours and textures, including hand-wrapped leather instrument panels
- New flat-bottom steering wheel offers enhanced tactility; new aluminium paddle shifters stretch above and below the steering wheel spokes
- Reimagined centre console with maximum storage includes a new performance-oriented floor shifter, wireless charging dock and five USBs, including Type A and C ports
- RAM TRX-specific transfer case switches are integrated into the dashboard along with Drive Mode selector and Launch Control
- Uconnect 5C NAV with a class-exclusive portrait 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen is standard equipment and offers a custom listening experience through an audiophile-quality 900-watt, 19-speaker Harman Kardon sound system
- New Baja drive mode calibrates four-wheel-drive and steering systems, stability control, paddle shifters and suspension for ultimate desert performance, delivering maximum capability on undulating, loose surfaces
- Numerous active and passive safety and security features, including ParkView rear backup camera with dynamic grid lines, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with electronic roll mitigation and six air bags, Blind Spot Monitoring, Adaptive Cruise Control, Ready Alert Braking and Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning
- Goodyear Wrangler Territory 325/65/R18 All-Terrain 35-inch tires, developed exclusively for Ram TRX