Peugeot has launched the 2008 compact crossover in Australia with a revamped three-tier model line-up consisting of the Active, Allure and GT-Line. The range adopts the company’s new turbocharged 1.2-litre petrol engine that develops 81kW and 205Nm.
Priced from $26,490 plus on-road costs the new Active variant replaces both the previous 1.2- and 1.6-litre Active models. It gains improved standard specification including six-speed automatic transmission, Mirror Screen (Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink functionality), 16-inch alloy wheels and folding door mirrors. The previous local-fit reverse camera has been replaced with a factory-fit unit offering guidance lines. Peugeot says the greater specification more than compensates for the $1000 increase over the previous 1.6- litre Active with automatic transmission.
Allure models remain unchanged at $30,990 plus ORCs yet gain additional standard equipment including Active City Brake, City Park self-parking, Grip Control, Mirror Screen and 17-inch alloy wheels.
All-new GT-Line rounds-out the revised range and replaces the previous Outdoor variant. Featuring sportier styling and a more muscular appearance, the new GT-Line retains the previous Outdoor model’s $32,990 plus ORCs sticker yet gains more standard specification including six-speed automatic transmission (previously a five-speed manual), Active City Brake, City Park self-parking, Grip Control and Mirror Screen.
Visually the 2008 features a subtle facelift which includes the Peugeot’s now familiar multi-facetted grille flanked by restyled headlights which company says feature a ‘feline look’ with an “intensely high-tech chrome and black mask”.
At the rear, the lion claws-shaped LED rear lamps feature new, warm-coloured 3D lighting effect.
The sharp lines and curves of the bodywork are enhanced by the new Ultimate Red (first seen on the 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport, and now available on 308 versions) colour. The range offers customers a choice of seven colours.
2017 Peugeot 2008 line-up and specification
- 7”Multi-function Colour Display Screen
- Trip Computer Function
- USB & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Arkamys Digital Sound Processing
- MirrorScreen Connectivity (inc MirrorLink & Apple Carplay)
- Tokyo Cloth Trim (Black)
- 16” Alloy Wheels with Space Saver spare wheel
- Single Zone Air Conditioning
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Reverse Camera
- Electric Door Mirrors with Folding function
- Front & Rear Fog Lights
- Programmable Cruise Control with Speed Limiter
- Leather Steering Wheel with Audio Controls
- Cooled Centre Console compartment
ALLURE (IN ADDITION TO ABOVE)
- Park Assist (Self Parking)
- Satellite Navigation
- Active City Brake
- 17” Eridan Alloy Wheel
- Grip Control
- Fog Light cornering function
- Automatic Wipers
- Automatic Headlamps
- Electro-chromatic Rear View mirror
- Rear Privacy Glass
- Dual Zone Air Conditioning
- ‘Oxford’ Premium TEP/Cloth Trim
GT-LINE (IN ADDITION TO ALLURE AND ACTIVE)
GT-line specific ‘Dynamic’ TEP/Mesh Cloth with Red Topstitch
- Red highlights to interior door handles, seat belts & handbrake
- Specific smooth leather steering wheel with red contrast stitching
- Redline theme for 7” Multi-function colour Display Screen
- Alloy door sills
- Alloy sports pedals
- Red LED instrument panel surround
- Perla Nera Black highlights for roof rails, rear door trim, and spoiler and mirror shells
- Specific rear bumper with chrome exhaust
- Gloss black grille surround incorporating red ‘PEUGEOT’ lettering