This extensively restored and upgraded 1974 Jaguar E-Type Series 3 is arguably the ultimate E-Type, featuring modern conveniences like full LED headlights including DRLs and air conditioning, along with a massive V12 engine.
Created by leading Jag E-Type specialist, E-Type UK for an overseas customer, the brief was not only to restore it to perfection but also tailoring the car to his exacting desires.
The result is an E-Type that is said to offer thunderous performance and smooth grand touring capabilities while maintaining the essence of what makes the E-Type an icon of its time.
The V12 engine, originally 5.3-litres in capacity and utilising Stromberg carburetors, was fully rebuilt and reworked. E-Type UK created a totally bespoke downdraft fuel injection system for the car with Jenvy throttle bodies, Emerald ECU and full custom wiring loom. The capacity of the engine was increased to 6.1-litres and now produces a dyno-proven 209kW at the rear wheels, while the custom made velocity stacks ensure the engine produces ‘an exceptional’ tone through a 12-branch stainless steel exhaust system.
Extensive work has also been undertaken under the skin of the E-Type. The inner sills were strengthened, bespoke extended louvres were added to the bonnet and additional air ducting were created.
There’s also a new sports steering rack for a heavier feel, bespoke 16-inch Turino wire wheels, along with adjustable suspension with sports torsion bars all round and 4-pot AP Racing brakes with grooved vented discs at the front.
An aerospace-grade aluminium 5-speed gearbox replaces the old unit, with internal ratios chosen to complement the power band.
Inside, the bespoke interior features lower seat bases for a better driving position, with the custom seats created from XJS units and complete with seat heating. It also comes with a glowing red start button and custom air conditioning system.
Beneath the interior lies Dynamat sound deadening so that the client can enjoy the iPod and Bluetooth connected surround sound.
The upgrade interior also benefit from LED lighting, custom foot well lighting, door flood lighting and boot lighting.
With a full external light conversion to LEDs, including Daytime Running Lights, this E-Type is the perfect mix of modern practicality and classic style.
– Engine capacity increased from 5.3L to 6.1L
– Full custom downdraft fuel injection with Emerald ECU, Jenvy throttle bodies and bespoke wiring loom
– Bespoke air conditioning
– Aluminium radiator and header tank with silicone hoses
– Uprated self-contained alternator
– Sports power steering rack for heavier feel
– 12 Branch stainless steel exhaust with full Zirtec coating
– Aerospace-grade aluminium 5-speed gearbox
– Adjustable suspension front and rear with rebound adjust and sports torsion bars
– Front 4-pot AP Racing brakes with grooved vented disks
– One-off 62 spoke 16″ Turino wire wheels with aluminium rim and different rear for improved wheel arch clearance
– Custom specification white-wall tyres with correct speed rating
– Bespoke inner sill strengthening
– Bespoke extended welded bonnet louvres
– Additional fresh air ducting on the inside of the bonnet
– Stainless steel bumpers front and rear including overriders
– Factory hardtop improved with Dynamat and Alcantara headliner
– Seat base mounts lowered
– Bespoke complete leather interior
– Bespoke XJS based seats with heated base
– Boot lighting
– Door flood lighting
– Foot well lighting
– LED dash light illumination
– Surround sound system with iPod and Bluetooth functionality
– Electrically adjustable rear view mirrors
– Engine start button
– Piano black dash
– KM/H converted speedo and facia
– Complete cabin additional sound ending throughout
– Remote central locking
– LED headlights with integrated daytime running lights
– Complete LED bulb replacement
– Under bonnet lighting