BMW Australia has announced the pricing and specification of the brawny third-generation X5 M and X6 M ahead of its local on sale date of May 2020.
For the first time, both models will be offered in Competition guise only, starting at $209,900 before on roads for the X5 M Competition, and $213,900 for the X6 version.
Both models are powered by BMW’s 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 that pushes out 460kW and 750Nm. That’s enough to propel the ‘X’ twins to 100km/h from a standstill in just 3.8 seconds, despite kerb weights of 2,310kg (X5 M) and 2,295kg (X6 M), respectively.
Drive is directed to the tarmac via an eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic, which adopts the same M control concept as the BMW M8 Competition. It’s then distributed to all four wheels via a rear-biased BMW active M differential.
Both variants get Adaptive M Suspension Professional as standard with multiple modes along with a M Servotronic variable assisted steering. At the back, the standard M Sport exhaust features four 100mm black chrome tailpipes for a ‘loud, emotive soundtrack’.
Wheel sizes measure 21-inches up front and 22-inches at the rear. Behind them hide compound brakes with six-piston fixed calipers on 395mm discs at the front and single-piston floating calipers on 380mm discs at the back.
Inside, both models feature M multifunction sport seats trimmed in full leather ‘Merino’ upholstery and BMW Individual Alcantara headliner.
Advanced safety and convenience systems include BMW Driving Assistant Professional, Parking Assistant Plus and BMW Live Cockpit Professional with twin 12.3-inch LCD colour displays.
Both vehicles are available to order now with deliveries expected to begin in May.
Standard specification highlights of the X5 M and X6 M.
- Competition Package including 460kW, chassis tuning and M specific features
- 8-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic
- 21” (front) / 22” (rear) mixed M light alloy wheels with performance tyres
- BMW Laserlight incl. Selective Beam
- Active M Differential
- Ambient interior light
- Apple CarPlay
- Automatic 4 zone air-conditioning
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional featuring 12.3” M Multifunction digital display
and 12.3” Control Display
- BMW Gesture Control
- BMW Individual Alcantara headliner, Anthracite
- BMW Individual Instrument panel finished in leather ‘Walknappa’
- BMW Individual roof rails Black high-gloss (standard on X5 M / no cost option on X6 M)
- BMW M Head-Up Display
- Comfort Access System with proximity function
- ConnectedDrive Services
- DAB+ digital radio
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Electric seat adjustment with lumbar support
- Emergency spare wheel
- Full Leather ‘Merino’ upholstery with extended contents
- harman / kardon Surround Sound system
- Intelligent Personal Assistant
- M xDrive
- M Multifunction Sport Seats
- M Seat Belts
- M Sport Exhaust System
- Parking Assistant Plus
- Reversing Assistant
- Panorama Glass Sunroof
- Seat heating, front
- Soft close doors
- Temperature controlled cup holders, front console
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring
- Wireless phone charging
|Engine||Power||Torque||0-100km/h (sec)||Kerb weight (kg)||Pricing (excl. on roads)|
|460kW||750Nm||3.8||2310 (X5 M)|
2295 (X6 M)
|$209,900 (X5 M)|
$213,900 (X6 M)