BMW Australia has created an M140i Finale Edition as a final send off for the rear-wheel drive M140i hot hatch.
With the next-generation 1 Series adopting BMW Group’s UKL platform utilised in the 2 Series Active Tourer and shared with MINI models, the current 1 Series and the M140i flagship is not only the last rear-wheel drive hatch in BMW’s portfolio but also in the segment.
“To celebrate the last six-cylinder, rear-wheel drive 1 Series hot hatch, we are excited to present customers with the BMW M140i Finale Edition,” said Vikram Pawah, CEO of BMW Group Australia.
“Through aesthetic exterior details and key equipment highlights, the M140i Finale Edition builds on the virtues that have made the M140i our best-selling M Performance vehicle.
“It offers convenience and practicality with a distinctive sporting silhouette and outstanding performance,” he said.
The BMW 1 Series ‘M140i Finale’ Edition is priced from $62,990 plus on-road costs with key specifications including:
- 18-inch M light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 436 M Orbit Grey
- Special Edition badging
- Wireless Charging for smartphone
- Storage Compartment Package
- Metallic Paint
- Electric Glass Sunroof
- Kidney grille frame in Black high-gloss
- Darkened headlights
- Darkened tail lights
- Tailpipes in Black chrome
- Alternative light alloy wheels include the Double-spoke 719 M style in either Bicolour Jet Black with silver highlights or finished purely in Jet Black.
The M140i Finale Edition will be in showrooms from March, with last production available from June.
Based on the M140i, the Finale Edition is powered by a 3.0-litre turbocharged straight-six engine producing 250kW and 500Nm of torque, enabling it to complete the standard 0-100km/h sprint in an impressive 4.6 seconds.
Equipment highlights standard to the M140i include:
- M Sport Brakes with Blue callipers
- Park Distance Control, front and rear
- Adaptive LED Headlights with BMW Selective Beam
- harman/kardon loudspeaker system
- Adaptive M Suspension
- Navigation System Professional with built-in 8.8-inch display
- BMW ConnectedDrive
- Leather Dakota upholstery
- Comfort Access System