Honda’s all-new HR-V compact crossover has arrived in showrooms priced from $24,990. Joining the burgeoning compact SUV segment played by established nameplates such as the Nissan Qashqai, Mitsubishi ASX and Ford Kuga, the Honda HR-V is built on the new Honda Jazz platform and slots below the larger Honda CR-V.
Powered by a 1.8 litre i-VTEC engine delivering 105 kW of power and 172 Nm of torque, all models drive the front wheels through a continuously variable transmission (CVT). Depending on model, fuel economy will range between 6.6 litres per 100 kilometres and 6.9 litres per 100 kilometres in the combined cycle.
Honda says it’s smallest SUV offers car-like ride quality and low centre of gravity, making it the perfect companion in bumper-to-bumper city traffic or the open road.
The range opens with the VTi model priced from $24,990. It comes standard with 16-inch alloy wheels, LED tail lights, daytime running lights, seven-inch touch screen with reversing camera and Honda’s unique Magic Seats that enable 18 configurations.
The midrange VTi-S costs $27,990 and adds 17-inch wheels, push button start, LED daytime running lights, blind spot monitoring and auto city-brake.
Moving up, the VTi-L lands at $32,990 and boasts a panoramic sunroof, leather upholstery, dual-zone climate control, paddle shifters for the CVT and front and rear parking sensors.
Topping the range is the VTi-L ADAS with a sticker of $33,990 and includes safety features such as Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning and Automatic High-Beam System.
Key features of the VTi:
- 1.8 litre i-VTEC engine delivering 105kW @ 6500rpm and 172Nm @ 4300rpm
- Earth Dreams Technology Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- LED rear combination tail lights
- Honda’s unique Magic Seats
- Halogen headlights with Daytime Running Lights (bulb type)
- Display Audio system with Bluetooth connectivity (Android and Apple) and a seven inch colour touch screen
- Single zone climate control air-conditioning
- Multi-angle reversing camera with three modes
The VTi-S adds:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Smart entry with push button start
- LED auto headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Front fog lights
- Rain-sensing auto wipers
- Roof rails
- LaneWatch blind spot monitoring
- City-Brake Active system
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
The VTi-L adds:
- 17-inch alloy sports wheels
- Paddle shifters
- Leather-appointed seat trim**
- Panoramic sunroof
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rear centre arm rest
- Privacy glass
- Dual-zone climate control
- Chrome door handles
The VTi-L with ADAS adds:
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- High-Beam Support System (HSS)
Manufacturer’s List Price
Manufacturer’s List Price
|VTi -S CVT|
|VTi-L CVT with ADAS|