The all-new Citroën Grand C4 Picasso arrives in Australia packed with a high level of specification, technology and comfort features which adds approximately $9,000 in additional value over the previous model it replaces, while the price difference is half that at $4,500.
Built off Citroën’s new EMP2 platform, the new people mover boasts improved cabin space and accessibility for 7 passengers thanks to a longer wheelbase – stretched by a further 11cm, while retaining the same overall length as the previous model at 4.6m.
The new Grand C4 Picasso is the first model to be built off the new platform which PSA expects will cover 50 per cent of its production in the future. The new platform, combined with other lightweight materials, results in a weight saving of over 100kg compared with the previous model, contributing to lower fuel consumption.
In Australia, the seven-seat Grand C4 Picasso is available in one trim level– Exclusive. An all-new diesel engine which appears for the first time in a Citroen in Australia is the only engine available. The four cylinder turbo diesel produces 110kW of power at 4000rpm and maximum torque of 370Nm between 2000 and 2500rpm. It is mated to with a six-speed automatic transmission with Stop & Start technology
Fuel consumption is rated at 4.5L/100km in the combined cycle while CO2 emissions are 117g/km. The Grand C4 Picasso will be the first 5 star diesel vehicle on the Green Vehicle Guide, when it is published on 1 March 2014.
The 2014 Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive is priced from $43,990 excluding on-roads and is on-sale now.
All-new Citroën Grand C4 Picasso at a glance
- First Citroën vehicle in Australia to use the new Efficient Modular Platform 2 (EMP2). A total of 6 million km (on various test vehicles) was undertaken in the production of the new platform and there are 116 patents that have been filed.
- New BlueHDi engine Meets stringent Euro 6 standards and reduces NOx emissions by 90%
- Stop & Start technology
- 100kg lighter than previous model
- 360 degree camera standard
- Self-parking standard
- Blind Spot monitoring standard
- 12-inch panoramic HD screen plus 7-inch Multifunction touch screen
- Tyre pressure monitoring standard
- Drive Assist Pack option – includes active seat belts, lane departure warning system, active cruise control, anti-collision warning system and smart beam function