BMW has announced the pricing and specification of the all-new 2019 BMW 3 Series which will arrive in local showrooms in March, priced from $67,900 plus on-road costs.
Offered initially in just two variants – the familiar 320d and 330i, the latter priced from $70,900.
Standard equipment is extensive and includes adaptive LED headlights with auto high-beam, LED fog-lights, the Driving Assistant package which brings lane-departure warning, lane-change warning, autonomous emergency braking, rear cross-traffic alert, and speed sign recognition.
Additional, all models will be offered with the popular M Sport package as standard, with the Luxury Line also available as a no-cost option.
The M Sport Package brings:
- BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line, with black window frames and air breather surrounds
- M Aerodynamics Package with aerodynamic front and rear bumper sections and side sills
- BMW Individual interior headliner in Anthracite
- M Leather steering wheel with multifunction buttons
- Interior trim finishers in Aluminium Tetragon
- 18-inch M light alloy wheels in bicolour, double-spoke design (320d)
- 19-inch M light alloy wheels in bicolour, double-spoke design (330i)
- M Sport Brakes (330i)
Those who prefer a more upmarket look can opt for the Luxury Line which brings Vernasca leather upholstery, ash grey-brown wood trim, ‘Sensatec’ leatherette dashboard trim and sports front seats.
Both models include an automated park assistant, BMW Live Cockpit Professional incorporating a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and 10.25-inch central touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and wireless phone charger.
The base 320d is motivated by a 140kW/400Nm 2.0-litre twin-turbo four-cylinder diesel that propels the car from 0-100km/h in 6.8 seconds, while returning a claimed 4.5L/100km.
Stepping up to the 330i also brings the Driving Assistant Professional with steering and lane control assist, speed limit assist, lane-keep assist, wrong way warning and front cross-traffic alert, Parking Assistant Plus with surround camera system with Remote 3D View, and comfort access.
It is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that generates 190kW/400Nm and dispatches 0-100km/h in 5.8 seconds, while promising to return 6.4L/100km.
BMW has also introduced the new M Sport Plus Package which adds M Sport seatbelt with M tricolor weave, M rear spoiler, M Sport brakes (320d), 19-inch alloys (320d), and an M Sport Differential (330i). It cost $2990 with the 320d, and $2600 with the 330i.
Other options include:
- Visibility Package ($5070) – metallic paint, BMW Laser headlights, a glass sunroof, and ambient lighting
- Comfort Package (320d: $2,600, 330i: $1,820) – lumbar support, automatic bootlid, front seat heating and comfort access (320d)
- Driver Assistance Package (320d: $3,120) – Driving Assistant Professional pack, tyre pressure monitoring, Parking Assistant Plus with 360-degree camera.
2019 BMW 3 Series pricing (excluding on-road costs):
- 320d – $67,900
- 330i – $70,900