BMW has announced the pricing and specification of its latest X2 SUV. Dubbed a Sports Activity Coupe or SAC, the X2 is set to arrive in Australia from March 2018 priced from $55,900 plus on-road costs.
Offered solely in front-wheel drive sDrive20i form, the X1-based X2 is the latest coupe-style SUV to join the brand’s burgeoning SUV line up.
Power comes from a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol that makes 141kW and 280Nm of torque. It is coupled to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and promises a 0-100km/h sprint of 7.7 seconds.
Like its bigger siblings, the X4 and X6, the X2 is distinguished by its lower and wider body style, along with the latest interpretation of the classic BMW double kidney grille, which is wider at the bottom than the top.
The X2’s side profile also marks the return of the C-pillar BMW roundel made famous by the legendary E9 Coupe from 1968.
The rear is highlighted by a pair of L-shaped LED taillights, two exhaust pipes and a smoothly integrated M rear spoiler. The automatic tailgate operation is integrated into the rear BMW roundel.
An M Sport X package is fitted as standard to the new X2 – a first for BMW range. It brings contrasting lower exterior cladding in Frozen Grey, extended Frozen Grey horizontal sections to the front bumper, satinised aluminium exterior and ‘722 M’ Orbit Grey 19-inch light alloy wheels.
Inside, the cabin offers BMW classic driver-focused driver orientation and upholstered in ‘Alcantara Anthracite cloth with yellow contrast stitching as standard. The standard interior lighting package offers six lighting options, while the new instrument cluster features Black Panel technology.
Choose the M Sport Package and you receive the exterior M Aerodynamics Package, ‘715 M’ 19-inch light alloy wheels in Orbit Grey, Dark Shadow Exterior inserts and contrasting blue interior stitching. The aluminium Hexagon interior trims are also in Blue matt finish.
Key standard specification highlights
The BMW X2 sDrive20i’s standard equipment list includes:
- 19-inch M light alloy wheels
- M Sport X Exterior Package
- M Sport suspension
- M rear spoiler
- LED headlights with cornering lights
- LED Fog Lights
- High-beam Assist
- Automatic tailgate operation
- Cloth Alcantara Anthracite with yellow contrast stitching
- M Leather steering wheel
- BMW Individual headliner in Anthracite
- Sports seats for driver and front passenger
- Interior Lights package
- Automatic air conditioning
- Rear-view mirror with anti-dazzle function
- Park distance control, front and rear
- Cruise control with braking function
- Rear view camera
- Parking Assistant
- Driving Assistant, including speed limit info, lane departure warning, Pedestrian Warning with City Brake Activation and forward collision warning
- Real-time Traffic Information
- Foldable second-row seats with 40:20:40 split
- Instrument panel with 5.7-inch TFT display
- Satellite navigation
- 6.5-inch colour touchscreen infotainment
Option Packages (Note, quoted prices include GST, but not LCT).
Innovations Package – $2,600
– Driving Assistant Plus including Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function – Navigation System Plus
– BMW Head-Up Display
– ConnectedDrive Freedom including Concierge Services
Comfort Package – $2,700
– Comfort Access
– Electric seat adjustment for driver and front passenger, with memory function – Lumbar support for driver and front passenger
– Seat heating for driver and front passenger
– Exterior driver-side mirror with anti-dazzle function
Style Plus Package – $3,300
– 20-inch BMW M light alloy wheels in double-spoke style 717 M (style 716 M is also available)
– Metallic paintwork
– Panorama Glass sunroof