The MINI John Cooper Works (JCW) Countryman hot hatch goes on sale this month in Australia with price starting from $56,900 plus on-road costs.
The JCW Countryman is the fourth model to be added to the JCW range, and the second model that combines the 170kW JCW engine package with the All4 intelligent all-wheel-drive system.
“The all-new MINI Countryman range has been very well received, both in Australia and internationally,” said MINI Australia General Manager, Tony Sesto. “Now with the flagship JCW version’s fantastic combination of performance and usability, we expect even more excitement to be generated across the range.”
The BMW-sourced 170kW/350Nm twin-scroll turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine is capable of propelling the JCW Countryman to 100km/h in 6.5 seconds, with either the eight-speed sports automatic transmission or six-speed manual, available to enthusiasts as a no-cost option.
Combined fuel consumption sits at 7.8L/100km for the manual and 7.4L/100km for the automatic, with the driving experience personalised via three selectable driving modes: Normal, Sport or Green.
The high-performance 17-inch Brembo brake package comes as standard, nestled behind the 19-inch JCW Course Spoke light alloy wheels. The exterior is highlighted with a piano black finish to the roof rails and side sill mouldings, while JCW side scuttles add further differentiation. The JCW-specific dual exhaust pipes are given a chrome finish.
Exclusive JCW touches continue inside the JCW Countryman, with front passengers welcomed into Dinamica/Leather-trimmed JCW sports seats as the driver grips a three-spoke JCW sports leather multi-function steering wheel.
2017 MINI JCW Countryman specification
The latest in the MINI Countryman family showcases the high level of standard specification expected in this model, with a particular emphasis on safety:
- Active Cruise Control, functional from 0-140km/h with Stop and Go Function
- Driver Assist package
- Comfort Access
- Hands free auto tailgate operation
- Front and rear Park Distance Control with Parking Assistant
Specific MINI JCW Countryman content includes:
- Revised turbocharger, pistons and exhaust system
- Performance control to reduce understeer and increase traction and stability while cornering
- Red grille insert surround
- JCW-specific door sills, gear shift lever, instrumentation, and stainless steel sports pedals
- ‘Hazy Grey’ interior surfaces
- Anthracite roof headliner
- Rear seat armrests
- 12-speaker Harman/Kardon HiFi system
- MINI Navigation System Professional
- Head-Up display with JCW-specific content (driving speed, navigation info, phone and audio lists, engine revs, gear indicator, shift point)
- Speed Limit Information
- LED headlights