The all-new second-generation Audi A7 Sportback will arrive in Australia in November bringing considerably more equipment than its predecessor priced from $131,900 plus on-road costs.
The new A7 Sportback boasts more aggressive styling than its predecessor. The wider three-dimensional Singleframe grille accentuates the width of the car, flanked by HD Matrix LED headlights with their own distinctive light signature. Large air intakes on each side of the grille increase the front-end’s powerful stance, which is mirrored in muscular guards, a nod to the brand’s quattro DNA.
Viewed from the side, the A7 Sportback’s long, sweeping silhouette is reminiscent of a sports coupe, while the wide, elegant rear end is accentuated by integrated tail lights running the full width of the car.
The same feeling of clean sweeping lines and elegance carries on into the A7 Sportback’s interior which has been completely redesigned.
Forming a central theme within the A7 Sportback interior is the new MMI touch response operating concept. The dual touchscreens (10.1- and 8.6-inch) are seamlessly integrated into the dashboard design, replacing the myriad individual controls. Complete with haptic and acoustic feedback as well as handwriting recognition, the operating concept also features voice control that interprets and acts upon natural speech commands.
At launch, the new A7 Sportback will be available with the choice of two top-of-the-range drivetrains, a petrol and diesel. The 55 TFSI 3.0-litre V6 petrol unit produces 250kW and 500Nm of torque and is paired to a 7-speed S tronic transmission. The 50 TDI 3.0-litre V6 turbo diesel will follow soon after initial launch, and develops 210kW and 600Nm of torque, driving through an 8-speed tiptronic transmission. In 2019, the range will be joined by a four-cylinder 45 TFSI model that produces 180kW of power and 370Nm of torque, combined with a 7-speed S tronic transmission.
All engines deliver their power to the road via the Audi quattro all-wheel drivetrain.
Delivering fuel savings of up to 0.7 litres per 100km, the new V6 engines are equipped with mild-hybrid technology that employs a belt alternator starter (BAS) and a compact lithium-ion battery with a 10 Ah electrical capacity. The set up allows the A7 Sportback to coast at speeds between 55 and 160km/h with the engine off. This new 48-volt system functions as the car’s main electrical system and allows power recuperation of up to 12kW plus start-stop operation from 22km/h.
With quattro all-wheel drive and progressive steering as standard across the range, the A7 Sportback delivers grip and handling to match its performance, while the adaptive suspension’s settings provide a cushioned ride or firmer, dynamic feel depending on the conditions and the driving style.
The all-new Audi A7 Sportback boasts a suite of safety equipment and driver assistance systems as standard equipment, including:
- Head-up display
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go and traffic jam assist
- 360 degree cameras with kerb view
- Audi pre-sense front and pre-sense rear
- Audi active lane assist
- Audi side assist with cross traffic assist
- Collision avoidance assist and turn assist
- Exit warning
- Intersection assist
- Turn assist
- Efficiency assist
In addition, all V6 variants come standard with:
- 20-inch alloy wheels in five-double spoke V design
- Adaptive suspension
- MMI navigation plus with MMI touch response (10.1″ & 8.6″ touch screens)
- Audi virtual cockpit
- Heated front seats
- 3-zone climate controlled air conditioning
- Audi smartphone interface (Apple Carplay & Android Auto)
- Audi phone box light – wireless charging for mobile phones with Qi standard
- Sport front seats
- Supple Valcona leather upholstery
- Electrically adjustable front seats with driver memory function
- Extended upholstery package in mono.pur
- Interior lighting package including ambient lighting
- Matrix LED headlights with dynamic indicators front & rear
- Bang & Olufsen 3D sound system
- S line interior and exterior package
- S line interior package
Pricing (excluding on-roads)
|A7 Sportback 50 TDI quattro||tiptronic 210kW||$131,900|
|A7 Sportback 55 TFSI quattro||S tronic 250kW||$131,900|