It’s always refreshing to see car makers partnering with renown tuning houses to create something truly special, and debuting at SEMA this year is this one of a kind second-generation Honda NSX (Acura NSX in North America).
Dubbed the Acura NSX “Dream Project”, this neatly done up NSX is created by acclaimed NSX specialist, ScienceofSpeed. It features subtle enhancements to the supercar’s powertrain, suspension and styling to elevate performance.
From factory, the Acura NSX already commands attention with its low-slung body and imposing stance. Thoughtfully executed, ScienceofSpeed’s exterior treatment includes a GT3-inspired body kit with aggressive front strakes, wider carbon fiber ducted rocker panels, a mid-height rear wing and larger rear diffuser to improve downforce while retaining factory design hues.
Elsewhere, the large Carbon Ceramic Brembo brakes stand out with a gold flake finish, tuck behind Advan GT Premium Forged Wheels measuring 20×9 at the front and 21×12 at the rear. In homage to the first-generation NSX, a gloss black roof transitions down to the Nouvelle Blue Pearl painted bodywork.
Continuing the two-tone blue and black theme, the interior of the Dream Project NSX features custom black leather Recaro Pole Position racing seats with blue stitching and accents on the doors, dash and seats. The blue fabric features a hexagonal pattern referencing the NSX’s iconic honeycomb grille. Wrapping up the interior upgrade is a gaugeART OLED multi-function display mounted high on the dash provides the driver with key vehicle performance data.
One of the most complete and advanced supercars available today, the NSX’s hybrid powertrain consists of a mid-mounted twin-turbocharged 3.5-litre V6 engine delivering 373kW/550Nm, an all-new nine-speed dual clutch transmission (9DCT) and 3 electric motors that supplement the engine with instant torque response. Total system output is rated at 427kW and 646Nm of torque.
Far from just a styling exercise, ScienceofSpeed has equipped the supercar with high-performance downpipes and a light-weight stainless steel exhaust system which gives out a deeper, more aggressive engine note.
Liquid injected intercooling further elevates engine performance by cooling intake air before it enters the twin-turbochargers, improving power output to a combined 455kW (610) and lifting torque to 687Nm (507 lb.-ft.).
“ScienceofSpeed is thrilled to present our expression of the second generation NSX unlimited and unrestricted,” said Chris Willson, general manager of ScienceofSpeed. “Devoted NSX fans share in a rich 27-year history, and with the second generation NSX reaching the aftermarket community, now is an extraordinary time to be an NSX enthusiast. We are thrilled to share our passion for this iconic platform.”
ScienceofSpeed “Dream Project” Acura NSX specification
- 455kW / 610 hp
- 687Nm / 507 lb.-ft. of Torque
- ScienceofSpeed Sport Downpipes
- ScienceofSpeed Sport+ Exhaust
- ScienceofSpeed Liquid Injection Intercooling System
- ScienceofSpeed Sport Aero Kit Front Strakes
- ScienceofSpeed Sport Ducted Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels
- ScienceofSpeed Carbon Fiber Diffuser
- ScienceofSpeed Carbon Fiber Mid-height GT Spoiler
- Andaro Nouvelle Blue Paint with Gloss Black roof
- Gold Powdercoated Carbon Ceramic Brembo Brakes
- Recaro Pole Position ABE Racing Seats
- ScienceofSpeed Sliding Seat Rails
- gaugeART Multi-function OLED Gauge
- Custom Upholstery with Black Leather, Blue Stitching and Fabric Accents
- ScienceofSpeed Lowering Kit
- iLIFT Pneumatic Suspension Lift System
Wheels & Tires:
- Advan GT Premium Forged Wheels (F: 20×9, R: 21×12)
- Pirelli Trofeo R tires