Hyundai has partnered with off-road specialists, Rockstar Performance Garage (RPG) to turn the Hyundai Tucson SUV into a true off-roader for the SEMA Show at Las Vegas in November.
The overhaul started with the suspension – the most important part of any serious off-roader. The car now sits 6-inches higher than the standard model and rides on oversized 32-inch MTZ P2 tyres from Mickey Thompson. It also comes with a custom made, adjustable shocks and struts system from King Shocks.
To accommodate the new setup, the vehicle’s wheel wells were reconstructed to create more space.
The car’s 1.6-litre “Gamma” four-cylinder engine also received upgraded turbo piping, a high-flow Magnaflow exhaust and a new K&N intake and intercooler from Mishimoto to help the engine breathe more freely. It is mated to a 6-speed DCT transmission.
“The focus behind this build was to create an off-roader that nobody expected,” said Nic Ashby, owner and general partner, Rockstar Performance Garage. “The Tucson was a great starting platform with its rigid frame and plenty of room in the engine bay for modifications. With the complete suspension overhaul and blacked-out appearance, this Tucson is guaranteed to be a head turner in line with the Rockstar lifestyle.”
Rounding out the exterior visuals, the RPG Tucson has been finished in a black and yellow livery, smoked rear tail lights, a custom LED light bar setup from Bulldog LED Lighting, and custom off road bumpers to help the vehicle shrug off impacts.
- Mishimoto 2.5-in. Stainless Steel Down Pipe and Charge Pipe with Front Mount Intercooler
- Rockstar Energy-Licensed/Mishimoto Billet Oil Catch Can
- Mishimoto 19-Row Oil Cooler
- Turbonetics Godzilla Blow Off Valve
- K&N Filters Custom Air Intake
- Custom Magnaflow Centre Exhaust
- Odyssey Dry Cell Battery
- Lucas Oil Fluids
- Heatshield Products Lava Wrap
- King Shocks 2.5-in. Adjustable Strut Coilovers
- King Shocks Rear 2.5-in. Shocks with Remote Reservoirs and Progressive Off-Road Springs
- Black Ops 4×4 Body Clearancing for Larger Tires
- Mickey Thompson 32-in. MTZ P3 Tires
- KMC 17-in. XD Series “Bully” Off-Road Wheels
- RPG and Wicked Image Designs Custom Roof Rack
- RPG and Wicked Image Designs Custom Bumpers
- Bulldog LED Lighting 40-in. LED Light Bars
- Bulldog LED Lighting 2-in. LED Spikes
- sPOD Electronic Control Centre for Accessory Option
- Kicker Audio Sound System
- High Output Speakers
- 10-in. Subwoofer
- Scosche Integrated Stereo Install Kits
- Wiring and Accessories
- Tintman Window Tint