A Tesla Model S has been destroyed by a mysterious fire while being charged at one of the company’s Supercharger stations in Norway.
According to the Norwegian media, the car caught fire shortly after the owner plugged the car in to charge its batteries. Local firefighters had to use foam to douse the flames due to the risk of possible chemical reaction between the car’s lithium ion batteries and water.
Tesla has since released a statement saying nobody was hurt in the incident and the company is undertaking a full investigation. It promises to share the findings as soon as possible.
The Tesla Model S is one of Norway’s best-selling models, with more than 50,000 cars delivered in 2015.