Subaru Australia has unveiled the latest addition to its motorsport armoury, the WRX STI NR4.
Prepared by Subaru Australia’s long-term motorsport partner, Possum Bourne Motorsport (PBMS), the WRX STI NR4 reflects just one of three tiers that can be specified by buyers.
To cater for varying motorsport events and driver preference, there are six option packs, covering engine, brakes, driveline and suspension, plus specialised gravel and tarmac packs.
Subaru announced in July that it was importing a limited number of the base cars and has already sold eight.
Nick Senior, Managing Director of Subaru Australia, said: “The attention to detail on this car is just amazing and it’s a compliment to PBMS that they have only honed their skills further since they partnered us in producing 10 consecutive years of Australia Rally Championships.”
The 2.0-litre turbocharged stripped-out WRX STI NR4 edition models are FIA-homologated racing cars aimed at club level drivers. The motorsport use-only WRX STI NR4 is eligible for FIA WRC2, ERC2 regional and progressive national championships, as it meets FIA’s new NR4 regulations, which replace the previous N4 and R4 classes.
Subaru says the optional PBMS packages suit everyone from club amateur to the professional. Two colours – white and WR Blue – are available.
Subaru WRX STI NR4 specifications
- FIA approved roll cage basic spec – CAD designed ; CNC bent
- OMP winged seats
- OMP six-point harnesses
- OMP steering wheel
- PBMS seat runners
- Interior paint (gunmetal grey)
- PBMS fibreglass centre console panel for window switch
- PBMS fibreglass door panel set – front and rear
- PBMS fibreglass radio panel
- PBMS fibreglass rear parcel tray
- PBMS fibreglass foot tray (driver’s side)
- Interior sound deadening removal
- Airbag removal and window switch relocation