Hyundai has announced specification details and pricing for its most dynamic Elantra yet – the SR Turbo.
Featuring a 1.6-litre T-GDi turbocharged engine, dramatic full body kit, locally-tuned dynamics, and a host of exclusive features, the SR Turbo becomes the new flagship of Hyundai’s three-tier Elantra range.
Power for the sports sedan comes from a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine that outputs 150kW of power at 6,000rpm, accompanied by 265Nm of torque from 1,500rpm to 4,500rpm.
The blown-four is matched to either a six-speed manual transmission or 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with sports steering-wheel mounted paddle-shifters.
Significantly, Elantra SR Turbo marks the Australian debut of the independent rear suspension (IRS) version of the all-new platform underpinning the next-generation i30 unveiled at this year’s Paris Motor Show and due here in the second quarter of 2017.
The Elantra SR Turbo also gains larger front brakes and its steering promises faster and more engaging response.
The car’s suspension – complete with a bespoke multilink rear suspension set up – has been further optimised for Australian conditions by Hyundai’s local in-house chassis and suspension tuning team.
Visually, the SR Turbo makes statement with more aggressive front and rear bumpers, side skirts, unique 17-inch wheels and dual exhaust tips.
The Elantra SR Turbo boasts a host of comfort, convenience and connectivity features including Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other key features include black interior headlining, Bi-Xenon headlights and new sports seats with optional red leather colour trim.
The Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo is priced from $28,990 plus on-road costs and is on sale now.
2017 Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo specification
- Drive Mode Select (DCT only) – Normal, Sport & Eco modes
- Sensory Safety features including:
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Front parking assist system (4 sensors)
- Twin exhaust tips
- HID Bi-Xenon headlights (sports design)
- Sports body kit (front/rear bumpers, side skirts, radiator grille)
- Sports tail-light design
- Alloy sports pedals
- Black headlining
- Carbon-fibre effect dashboard/door inserts
- Dark charcoal metallic painted dash panels and door handles
- Red-stitched interior upholstery
- Sports front bucket seats with extended bolsters and ‘Sport’ logos
- Sports steering wheel (flat-bottomed) and supervision cluster
- Electrically adjustable driver’s seat (10-way including lumbar)
- Heated front seats
- Power-operated sunroof
- Steering-wheel mounted paddle-shifters (DCT only)
- USB power outlet in centre floor console storage compartment
- Distinctive new exterior colours exclusive to Elantra SR Turbo: Sparkling Metal, Phoenix Orange and Blazing Yellow
- Optional: Red leather upholstery