Fiat Chrysler Automobile (FCA), the maker of Fiat and Abarth vehicles has today unveiled a new-look Abarth line-up in Australia, with a new entry level model joining the range.
The new 103kW (140hp) Abarth 595 is now offered for the first time, bridging the gap between the vanilla Fiat 500 range and the high performance Abarth 595 Competizione, 595 Turismo, 595 50th Anniversary and 695 Biposto models.
Boasting the same aggressive styling and “small but wicked” attitude as other Abarth variants, the Abarth 595 is powered a 1.4-litre turbo four-cylinder engine generating 103kW and 206Nm. Matched with a five-speed manual gearbox, the Italian hot hatch will sprint from zero to 100km/h in 7.9 seconds, before maxing out at a top speed of 205km/h.
With a focus on performance and functionality, the Abarth 595 comes equipped with ventilated disc brakes with red calipers, air conditioning, a 7-inch TFT display, fog lights, reverse parking sensors, 16-inch alloys, Abarth side stripe and mirror cover, steel pedals, turbo-boost gauge, Abarth fabric seats and tinted windows.
Also standard is the Abarth-tuned Torque Transfer Control (TTC) system, which is essentially a mechanical limited slip differential for the front axle, ensuring optimum traction.
Available as a hatchback or convertible and priced from $27,500 or $31,500 (plus on-roads) respectively, the new Abarth 595 completes what will be the most comprehensive Abarth line-up ever offered locally.
Abarth 595 specification
- 4 cylinders in line, 4 valves per cylinder, 1368cc
- Power output: 103kW at 5,500 rpm
- Peak torque in SPORT mode: 206Nm at 2,000 rpm
- ‘Drive-by-wire’ accelerator control
- Turboboost by IHI variable geometry turbo
- 5-speed gearbox
- Dual-cable external gearbox control
Suspension and steering
- MacPherson layout at front with anti-roll bar
- Torsion beam axle with anti-roll bar
- Electric power steering, with SPORT mode
- Front suspension: Adaptive with FSD (Frequency Selective Damping)
- Abarth sports exhaust
- Ventilated front brake discs, diameter 284 x 22 mm
- Floating CII 34 rear calliper, piston diameter 34 mm
- Solid rear brake discs, diameter 240 x 11 mm
- Alloy rim 6.5″ x 16″ – Tyres: 195/45 R16
- 7-inch TFT configurable instrument cluster
- Sport mode button
- Sports pedals
- Stainless steel sill plate
- Trip computer
- Turbo boost guage
- Wrapped instrument cluster cover
Safety & Security
- Daytime running lights
- Driver and passenger airbag
- ESP + ASR/MSR, HBA and Hill Holder
- 7 airbags airbag
- Rear parking sensors