The revised Chrysler 300 has arrived in Australia with even more dramatic styling and new features for 2015. The range has been simplified to just two models, with the slow-selling diesel variant dropped. The local line-up now consists of the 300C priced from $49,000 plus on-roads and the fully loaded 300C Luxury with a sticker of $54,000.
While the 300 Limited and sports-oriented 300S also received the same fate as the 300 diesel, the refreshed fire-breathing SRT8 has been confirmed for Australian shores and will join the new line-up in August priced from $59,000 for the SRT8 Core and $69,000 for the range-topping SRT8 Premium.
The new Chrysler 300’s purposeful exterior is now crafted with a bolder front grille, revised front and rear bumpers, restyled headlamps and taillights, polished exhaust tips, new LED fog lamps and new wheel designs.
Inside, new design elements for the 2015 Chrysler 300 include a standard 7-inch full-color digital instrument display cluster and electronic rotary transmission shifter. Chrysler’s new three-spoke steering wheel with larger vehicle controls and available die-cast paddle shifters also make first application in the new 300.
The Chrysler 300’s cabin is now quieter thanks to new noise absorbing components and materials including dual-pane acoustic windshield and front-door side glass, body-cavity silencing foam, under-flush rolled-framed doors with triple seals and acoustic wheel-well liners.
Improvements have also been made to the 300’s electronic power steering. The new variable system can increase power assistance for a lighter steering in low-speed situations and when parking, or reduce steering assistance at highway speeds for a firmer feel. The new steering has also been tuned for sharper response and better road feel for spirited driving.
Elsewhere, the 2015 Chrysler 300 gains an all-new, lighter cast-aluminum axles and axle housing for reduced parasitic friction.
A new Sport mode further sharpens throttle response and cut gear shift times by 37 percent. It can also hold the desired gear without unexpected shift, including at the redline.
Under the bonnet, the 300C’s atmospheric 3.6-litre V6 petrol engine remains unchanged and continues to channel 210kW and 340Nm to the rear wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission, now standard across the range.
The flagship 300 SRT8’s 6.4-litre V8 scores a slight bump in performance, liberating another 3kW and 6Nm to bring total output to 350kW and 637Nm. The rival to Holden’s HSV and Ford’s FPV also gains a new eight-speed auto in place of the old five-speeder.
2015 Chrysler 300C standard features:
- 18-inch polished alloy wheels
- Luxury perforated Nappa leather-trimmed upholstery
- 8.4-inch UConnect touchscreen with satellite navigation
- 7-inch full colour, configurable instrument cluster display
- Alpine 9-Speaker audio system including subwoofer and 506-watt amplifier
- Adaptive Bi-Xenon high intensity discharge (HID) headlights
- Acoustic windshield and front door glass
- Dual-zone automatic temperature control
- ParkView rear back-up camera with dynamic distance grid lines
- ParkSense front and rear park assist system
- Wood & leather wrapped heated steering wheel
- Push-button and remote start
- DAB+ digital radio
- Ventilated and heated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Radio/driver seat/mirrors memory
- Keyless Enter & Go
- Cruise control
- Automatic headlights
- Electric front seats
- Auto dimming inside and outside rear-view mirrors
- Rotary shifter
- LED fog & tail lamps
- DRL’s – Chrysler ‘C’
- Front & rear floor mats
- Heated/cooled front cup holders
2015 Chrysler 300C Luxury standard features above 300C:
- 20-inch polished alloy wheels
- Deep quilted Nappa leather-trimmed interior
- Adaptive Cruise Control Plus with Full Stop
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning Plus
- Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus
- Blind-Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Path Detection
- Rain-sensitive windshield wipers and automatic high-beam headlamp control
- Sport mode (S) with die-cast steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters
- Driver seat, outside rear vision mirror and radio memory
- Ventilated front seats
- Luxury steering wheel
- Luxury front & rear floor mats
- Advanced brake assist